Fleetwood Roof Rack

Discussion in 'Cargo Carriers / Bike Racks / Other Storage Option' started by JJustus5, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JJustus5

JJustus5 Member

Hello all,
    I have a 2007 Fleetwood with the preinstalled track system. I want to put a canoe on top of my trailer using the four foam blocks that support the canoe on the roof of the trailer. All I want to do is find a way to slide some sort of an anchor into the Fleetwood track at four points to anchor hooks from two ratchet straps to in order to snug the canoe down to my roof. Anyone done this or have any ideas of how to go about it. Called an online rack store they said they don't have what I'm looking for. Any out of the box ideas would be great. Thanks.

2. skiball

skiball New Member

Try rackattack.com

3. Popcycle

Popcycle I thought you packed the flashlight!

At the time of purchase I opted for the Fleetwood roof rack on my 2008. The towers for the crossbars are Yakima Railrider 1's. I just did an internet search and they seem to be available.

4. jrclocks

jrclocks Member

5. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

6. CREEPPINGCHARLIE

CREEPPINGCHARLIE CAMPING RECHARGES THE HUMAN MIND

My roof racl/baskets are Yakima. Everything fit with no hassles. There is numerous options available for the Yakima system. [8D] [PU] [PUT]

7. foxpj

foxpj US Army retired

I got my hardware from Yakima today they refer to them as "A" pads and bolts they are a perfect fit for the rails on top of my fleetwood camper here is a link for what I got for free from Yakima Customer Service # 888-925-4621
    http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/Yakima/Y8890028.html
    The only problem is the rack from overstock.com takes 8 A pads and bolts called them back sending out 4 more free of charge

8. RhinoDave

RhinoDave Active Member

The anchor plates from Yakima are metric so you will need metric eyebolts if you use them. I made my own anchor plates out of 3/4" flat bar stock and tapped 1/4 - 20 threads for mine I used 1/4" thick stock and milled the edges down to 1/8" so I would have more to thread into. 1st pic is the nut plates and top plate. 2nd pic is the installed anchor plate with eyebolt.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. JJustus5

JJustus5 Member

Dave that setup looks great. That is pretty much all I need to anchor down my canoe. Thanks everyone for the tips and advice.

10. jrclocks

jrclocks Member

These are great for those of us with access to a mill. But, I just re-tapped the Yakima anchor plates for 1/4-20.

$1 apiece from Yakima or $??/hour for your time + material.