Fleetwood Scorpion S1 - Removing toilet/shower

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by Fshbwl, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

Hey all!

As I dig into my new to me Fleetwood Scorpion S1 I am already wanting to remove the toilet/shower unit as it takes up so much room inside and I don't think ill get much use out of it. I want to build a seating area inside which this pup really lacks.

What are people's thoughts about this and has anyone removed theirs?

Thanks!!

2. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I loved the toilet in the pop up. But its your camper.

Fshbwl likes this.
  3. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

A toilet is already another seating area. :)

I would advise using it a few times before taking it out. They are much harder to put back than remove. Of course, if seating is really a priority then start chopping!

Fshbwl likes this.
  4. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

Always loved the Scorpion S1. You could put a shower tent and port-a-potty out on the deck.

Fshbwl likes this.
  5. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

I think it's great except for the room it takes up because of the shower portion.

6. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

I won't make any rash decisions. I've been in many other pups and they all have really comfortable seating areas and this one just doesn't have any at all.

7. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

If you aren't likely to use the shower part ever due to Reasons, tearing it out and refitting a seating area with a flip-up spot for a portapotty would be a good use of space...if you even want a portapotty.

Terry Poole and Fshbwl like this.
  8. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

Sucks to lose it cause it's a neat feature but it's more in the way than anything. There aren't too many of these around so I was looking to see if anyone was going to say "definitely dont do it"

Terry Poole likes this.
  9. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Like i said, its your camper. Will it effect resale, yes. Is that a concern for you, i have no idea. I would try it before deciding i hate it enough to remove it. But thats how I do things. You do you. Os it a sholet? Or something diffrent? Is there a way to bench off the top while leaving acess for the tolet? Got pictures?

Terry Poole likes this.
  10. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

I camp with kids and it's really nice for us to have a private place for changing (and peeing) but the shower itself doesn't get much use because we dry camp.

I guess you don't have the optional front room--maybe you can find or recreate one of those. Beanbags and papasan chairs!

Fshbwl likes this.
  11. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

I do have the add a room but It would be nice to be able to sit actually inside. Definitely see the use for the toilet for sure. Just doesn't need to be as big as the shower.

12. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I'm with the one poster who suggested to rip the shower out and create a bench seating area with a lifting lid to the toilet. Thats kind of how mine is except the lid is too cheap to sit on in my case but it's used as a counter until I need to use the toilet.

Fshbwl likes this.
  13. kelligoat

kelligoat New Member

Hah! Yes, I agree. We bought a 2021 Aliner LXE last October. Took it out one time and came home to remodel. I hated standing in the shower to turn around and sit on the toilet. The shower floor had some give and I never quite felt stable. Who showers while camping anyway? :). We still have the outdoor shower controls if we need it. We did keep the cassette toilet for midnight runs and are in the process of rebuilding the wooden frame around it with leftover cabinet parts from shower. We took it out a few weeks ago and it was perfect. Sooo much more room. Especially in the Aliner which has a small inside footprint.

Pic 1 - original combo unit still on lot
    Pic 2 - temporary while we finish the frame-out and old shower plumbing removal.

We no longer use the cargo door for cassette removal due to the way we wanted to place the toilet to save space.

Happy Camping! A8148DC6-3F00-49D4-9C6E-B66CFA1FBBFA.jpeg 224EE446-74E9-4839-9A58-AA2A30580D43.jpeg

Fshbwl likes this.
  14. bhom920

bhom920 Member

A shower and toilet was a must have when I bought my popup.

15. ShariB23

ShariB23 New Member

I looked all over for a popup with a shower when I bought mine. Couldn't find one reasonably priced though so I ended up without. I would definitely think twice about removing it if you plan on ever selling. But as everyone has said, it's yours, you should do what's best for you.

16. desepte

desepte New Member

We had a 1995 Coleman Grand Tour Utah with no toilet, just used a metal milk crate toilet seat attached to it and a bucket (pee only). The roof fell apart and so we replaced with a used 2018 A-liner Utah, which had the built in toilet/shower. The two trailers had the exact same dimensions inside and out, but the new one had less storage because of the toilet/shower. We would never use the shower, so I took it out. I wasn't as clever as one of the previous posts who used the toilet, so I bought a Thetford portapotty and built a storage unit to replace the toilet/shower. I re-used the top and one side, so it looks pretty original. We just slide the toilet out a night. This has given us so much more storage space.

Attached Files:

Fshbwl and Sjm9911 like this.
  17. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

This looks great!!

18. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

19. Fshbwl

Fshbwl New Member

That looks stock!