Floor Repair

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by Espeycaver, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Espeycaver

Espeycaver Member

I have a 2000 Viking Saga and have noticed some rot on the floor along one wall. Its about 2' long and 3" wide running from one wheel well toward the front. You can notice a slight dip in the flooring inside the camper. Is there an easy way to replace the rotting wood without removing the camper walls? All I can figure out is I would have to remove the interior cabinets and water tank, pull up the linoleum and remove the flooring from the inside. Can it be done from the bottom?

2. chris_keenan

chris_keenan New Member

I was wondering how you made out? I'm facing a similar situation with mine.
    Chis

3. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

Chris, take a look at the restoration thread for my '96 Viking Legend. The layout will most likely be a little different than yours but the processes, methods and supplies should be the same.

I did a total floor replacement but putting in a patch between crossmembers is certainly doable as well. At any rate, I'm sure you'll find it of some assistance.

http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=56883.msg480691#msg480691

4. chris_keenan

chris_keenan New Member

Thanks again. Think ill begin tackling it this weekend. I may end up doing the entire floor in as large pieces as I can

5. banks412

banks412 New Member

Chris,

Keep us posted on how this goes with some updates and pictures if you can. I too am wondering if I can replace the floor without having to remove the walls, etc...

Thanks,
    Tim

6. chris_keenan

chris_keenan New Member

will do :)

7. mouse6196

mouse6196 New Member

Please post pics...I may tackle a soft spot on my camper (hybrid) and don't want to get into the wall issues.

PICS PICS PICS.

:)