Florida Caverns State Park

Discussion in 'Florida' started by nineoaks2004, Oct 26, 2017.

1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I just spent 4 days at Florida Caverns State Park in Marianna Fl. My site was concrete and completely level, as was a lot of them each site has sewer hook up (unusual in Fl. State parks) New electrical pedestals, New picnic table I did not do the cavern tour (been there done that) has walking trails, horse trails and an equestrian area with three campsites. Fishing, canoeing, boat ramp swimming hole,just a nice place to relax, which I did as did Pebbles my camping puppy. Bathrooms were clean, there is also a washer and dryer and concrete walkways between bathhouse and sites. I recommend the CG, kids would really enjoy it as there is lots for kids to do, also being in Marianna there is shopping nearby and a Wally World as well as restaurants. he list they gave me at check in has a min. of 44 places listed.

Popiworks likes this.
  2. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

We stayed there this past Feb, just one night as a stop over on the trip home...We did the flashlight tour, with a new trainee tour guide. was just us 5 and 2 guides....and our 5 YO grandson had them wrapped around his finger. Done some hiking the next day before hitting the road....
    I would also highly recommend staying here.