Florida Fall Rally 2012 - O'Leno S.P.

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Wizfisher, Mar 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolsaucier

carolsaucier just the 2 of us

The pumpkin thing sounds good. We will definitely have to figure out somethng for the little ones. I know i wouldnt let my 5 year old near sharp instruments. Lol

When doing the pin the nose on the pumpkin I have always stickers to attach and each chid ha their own carrot, funny to seell thse carrots stuck to pumpkin face. [/quote]

2. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Nada zip zap zero left in one loop... Start filling up the other one... Would be awesome to have the entire CG full of pups... [SUN]

3. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Still waiting on the ability to edit my post so I can update the site list.

I think I'm going to switch to the other loop just to be different. [:D]

Pups and hybrids Frank.

4. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Sorry.. If you really want to be different camp next to me in a tent... [:D]

5. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

You don't even have a site reserved yet.

6. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Yea well we're trying.... [CP]

7. dougmarrs

dougmarrs New Member

This is our first rally and looking forward to it. We booked site 013. What all do we bring or is more info coming later? :)

8. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Welcome Triple D.
    Only thing each site/Portal member should bring is a dish for the dinner on Saturday.
    Other than that, bring yourselves and plan on having a good time.

9. kampdixie

kampdixie New Member

OK troops, take a knee... sitrep briefing on Operation Recon O'Leno. [{:)]

Easy approach to O'Leno SP from I-75. From North: Exit 414 onto Rt 441, approximately 5 mile south to park road entrance on left. From South: Exit 399 onto Rt 441, approximately 12 miles north to park road entrance on right. [PUC] [TV]

Magnolia and Dogwood camp loops are separated by 1.25 miles. Camp loop roads are lime roads and sites are set in hardwood hammocks. This will give you the feel of real camping in the woods. [CP] The restroom/shower buildings are new, one per camping area.

There are several areas that will be good for the Saturday Pot Luck, as well as the 2012 International World North-South Hemisphere Open Regional State Local Pickup-Team Pop Up Portal Florida Fall Rally Angry Bird/Cuckoo approved Cornhole Tournament. (What else can be said... Don't miss it!) [Guitar]

01YZF6: Site 31 is deep, shady and has a complement of squirrels to keep you company. Rather not share your site with squirrels? Check with Mr. Bill for anti-squirrel patrols... effective but costly. Going rate is .25 lbs of crisp, warm bacon per hour. [DOG] [WL]

Fl_Bill, you mentioned Ticks. Like most terrorists, they were not to be seen. That's not to say they don't exist. It just calls for heightened alert status and evasive action. Mr. Bill says, "Use Bug Spray and check each other over after squirrel hunting". ( You catch that Reel Nauti Ray?) [::)]

The swimming and canoe rental in the park is temporarily close. We need rain. Not hurricanes, but lots of rain. [{}=] Also, The Alligator Warrior Festival is happening in the park while we are there. They will have there activities around the cabins, in the pavilion, and public picnic area. There will be Reinactors from the Seminole Wars period. Should be fun to watch.

Bagged firewood is available at the Ranger's Station. It's 8 miles to High Springs for Winn-Dixie, fast food, restaurants, antiques, hardware, and post office.

It's nice to see new folks joining in, and old friends planning to come. One problem though... Cuckoo! What site are you on? :huh:

10. eve104

eve104 Ol'Bessie

I have not stayed in this park before but I have stayed in Ginnie Springs which is 30 min form here and have shopped at the Winn-Dixie in question. The town is really cute and friendly people.

I have an idea I used to use with my daycare kids when I owned one. Take contact paper cut out shpaes and stick to clean dry pumpkin then give non toxic paint and let them paint the pumpkins, then whe dry take contact paper off. viola painted pumkin. kids love it. If the child is teamed with an older kid or parent to cut up a pumpkin, then have older one do the cutting amd little one do the gutting, works great.

I all in for trick or treating. maybe we could have a sign at ewahc site that is willing to participate.

11. FL_Bill

FL_Bill I'm cooking something yummy!

Excellent recon! Question?

Is there parking near the Magnolia loop or where ever we are going to do the potluck? (I think picnic area would be good and it is near the water.) Because I do not think some are going to want to carry food that far. Well I would not in my DO's... but thats just me.

Looking like fun!

FL Bill

12. Gibby

Gibby Don't count time, make time count !!!

Does that mean ya wont have yer PUP Matt [;)]

13. Reel Nauti

Reel Nauti Member

14. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

awesome recon!
    thanks!

15. Craig57

Craig57 New Member

KampDixie,
    Thanks for the great recon! Love that new avitar.
    Steve is a man of his word.

16. MetalDad

MetalDad New Member

WooHoo! We're booked! We're in site #44, and at the moment, are on a very lonely loop, in fact, no one else is there....yet! I'm sure it'll fill. Not sure what the family schedule is like, so it should be at least 5 of us, but I've already proclaimed that I will go alone if I have to. My camping weekends are what keeps me focused at work, otherwise, major snappage! Looking forward to 2 nights and 2 loops of loonies and canvas!

17. cuckoo

cuckoo Active Member

Glad you booked in again John... Hopefully we'll be over there with ya's...

18. MetalDad

MetalDad New Member

Thanks! We can get all the green and purple Coleman's from the 90's in one loop! Wish I could have joined you for the Spring Rally. Looks and sounds like you folks had a ball! Looking forward to the Seminole Indian activities, my wife has been teaching that as part of Florida history for years, will be nice to see something like that in person. This rally will be another great one for Florida!

19. jmcclung11

jmcclung11 Active Member

OK...time to reveal our site drum roll please........we are in site # 23.

Sorry to Carol and John who will have to put up with the McClung's all weekend long. It will be a short trip for us since kids will have school. Friday-Sunday.

Counting the days to the Fall Rally! :)

20. carolsaucier

carolsaucier just the 2 of us

Oh no! Poor us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.