Florida Fall Rally? (Since Spring was nixed)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Kimmygr, Mar 21, 2016.

Which weekend would you prefer for an October fall rally? (Possibly at Fort Desoto CG)

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. October 15th & 16th

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. October 22nd & 23rd

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

You lucky dog. I really wanted a water site if only for air movement/circulation. The inner sites can get brutally stagnant. Oh well, I will just have to bring a fan or two!

2. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

site 29 for us. Kimmy we're neighbors!

3. campermom

campermom Member

OK so I'm confused .... looking to book BUT it says sites 1-85 are for campers under 16' ??? Has anyone been there before? That seems small.... when my utah is open it is 26' ? Do they mean the box size?

4. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

When mine is open it's 21' 22' and when I looked it said 16' by 66'. Could the 16 be how wide? Their website kinda confused me.

5. 300Z

300Z Member

1-85 are for pop ups and tents only. Most the sites are plenty big enough for your rig.

6. campermom

campermom Member

We are booked on site 37

7. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

So it looks like we're up to sites 27, 29, 37 and 44.... Four families so far.

8. rexlxg

rexlxg Member

count us in. we have reserved site 31. If any one else is thinking about joining in, hurry up vacant sites are moving fast.

9. aroberts

aroberts Member

It's official. We have site 75!!! Looking forward to this trip. [:D]

10. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

Kimmyr said 5 families needed for an official rally and if my math is correct it looks like we have 6 families.
    If my math isn't correct, don't blame me I don't do math.

11. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

I'll work on the paperwork and get it sent in.

12. thewansors

thewansors New Member

Hello Everyone.
    We have had our PUP for just over a year and would love to attend a Rally!
    I will begin working out the details with my family.
    Keeping my fingers crossed!

13. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

We would be tickled to have ya! i will say though, I just checked and there are currently only 4 sites left reservable. But don't let that discourage you. This goes for anyone else too. Once there are no sites available check back frequently for any cancellations. Also, the Friday of (Oct 14th) at 7am the walkup sites will become available to reserve online at 7am! They keep about 25 sites open for this purpose, so all hope of attending is not lost!

On another note, I filled out the paperwork and i have it here. I have tried to contact popupsteve for his email so i can send it to him since I do not have his email. So now just waiting for him to get the pm I sent him.

14. thewansors

thewansors New Member

Reserved. Site #66 - but will be checking frequently for a waterfront site and will update you on our location should one become available.
    We are excited to attend our first rally.

In attendance (so far) will be: myself, DH, DS(11), DS(8).

Thank you for taking the time to create this rally! The park looks lovely!

15. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

LOL! You are not the only one looking for a water site [;)]

16. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

A waterfront would be nice too but I'm just happy that we're finally going to stay there.

17. cleoleigh

cleoleigh New Member

Hi! We are newbies...just got a 2000 coleman...actually haven't even picked it up yet. ;-) I just tried to book a site for that weekend but none are available. [:(] I'll check back again and if all else fails, will try that Friday morning when they release the last few spots. FINGERS CROSSED. If we absolutely can't get a spot, perhaps we will just come down to say hello. Is this an "official" camping club that we need to join?s

18. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Nope, nothing "official." :) Keep checking the site often. People cancel so maybe you can score a site sooner. You are more than welcome to come say hello if you cannot get one though. I knew sites would book fast, but I had never thought they would book THAT fast when we decided to have it here.

If anyone wants to host another get together somewhere else at another time where more people can make it you are welcome too! No hurt feelings here. [;)]

I have tried multiple times to get a hold of Steve to get us listed as an "official" Rally with no luck. I hope everything is OK with him. But I am not to concerned about it. As long as we all have fun.

19. rexlxg

rexlxg Member

this has nothing to do with this thread, but maybe more FL campers might see it here,
    just a quick note to let anyone interested know, that
    after over a year of ongoing construction in the park
    Silver Springs State Park in Ocala is now taking Reservations again.

20. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Sweet! Thank you for that tidbit of info!

Like I said above, if anyone wants to do a rally at a different park that has more openings, have at it! You won't be stepping on any toes here. [;)] I know many may be upset or disappointed about Fort DeSoto not having any more availability. Do not let this get together obstruct another if someone wants to hold one!

On another note, those of you who have your sites, I wanted to let you know I tried to get this listed as an "official" Rally, but he never got back to me after multiple attempts. Anyways, it will be a come and do as you please weekend with a potluck Saturday evening. Nothing is currently set in stone, but maybe we will be able to snag a pavilion somewhere in the evening to hold it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.