Florida Fall Rally? (Since Spring was nixed)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Kimmygr, Mar 21, 2016.

Which weekend would you prefer for an October fall rally? (Possibly at Fort Desoto CG)

Poll closed Mar 31, 2016.
  1. October 15th & 16th

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. October 22nd & 23rd

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

I just wanted to check in. The "mini" Rally is in a month! I hope we can get our pup dug out from the garage by then (just moved)! [:D] Looking forward to it!

2. campermom

campermom Member

Starting to get excited ... we are getting close ... is anyone else thinking about Halloween decorations for the camp site??

3. PepperWolf

PepperWolf Member

We were just thinking about the rally. What's the plans for the potluck? Mom will do the crockpot again but she said she needs to figure out what she's going to do.
    Halloween decorations?? now that's an idea. And candy too! I'm all about that candy! [8D [:D]

4. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

I haven't really thought about the "normal" meet and greet on Friday. We can all meet up and just chill at someone's site. Does anyone have a water site with plenty of room? Would you be willing to "host" Friday evening?

We don't have to do the normal food/snacks. Maybe just a nice little campfire or something? Everyone can bring a piece of wood for the fire! And if we like, stuff to make s'mores or campfire snack(s)? Maybe if there is a hodgepodge of things we can try different snacks? Maybe you make s'mores with reese's cups, or maybe someone else makes something with bananas? Or someone else makes campfire snacks no one ever thought of?

We can do a potluck Saturday evening. Just make/bring whatever you want. Bring your own drinks. It doesn't matter to me what time it is at, but 4 or 5pm usually works for most everyone. Maybe we can do it at the camper's dayroom in the tent/popup area if food is allowed? Or we can grab an evening pavillion somewhere up by one of the beach areas? I know skeeters and deer flies can get bad up there in the evening, so just be prepared.

It is kind of a "do as you will" gathering. I was never able to get it listed as an "official" rally. My pm's and what not were never returned (Hope he is well). So it won't be like a usually portal rally. Just a gathering of people who enjoy camping.

If you wish to decorate your site for Halloween, have at it! If someone wants to arrange some games or scary stories or trick or treat for the kids (big and small [;)] ) feel free to say something!

I am just hoping for a nice relaxing trip with some good folks.

5. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Here is an image of the sites we have for the gathering

[​IMG]

6. campermom

campermom Member

I plan on having Halloween decorations :). I will have treats for young and old. We are on site 37. Even tho not an "official" rally it will still be fun.

7. JAXPOPPER

JAXPOPPER Jax. FL Fleetwood Tucson

Wow, this looks like a really nice, fun park/campground. I will be out of town on business, but would like to go on the next rally, whether official or not. My pup has been sitting in the garage but ready to hit the road. I hope you all post some pictures and stories of the trip and hope to go next time.... [PU]

8. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Wow! One week away! I know I am looking forward to this.

300z has graciously said we could use the grassy area behind their campsite (44) to do a meet/greet Friday evening around 7p. I think this could work out great since it will give everyone ample time to get in and setup and have dinner and do any exploring they would like to do. I was thinking we could just do a campfire circle type of thing. Everyone bring a piece of wood or two and any campfire snacks they would like to share (if any). Also bring any campfire stories too! The scarier the better!

Potluck will be Saturday, area to be decided Friday night. If we can, I would like to start the potluck around 4p if possible. DH and I will be heading into Thonotosassa for a Samhain/Halloween celebration in which we have to be at by 730p, so we have to leave by around 6p. We will be back later that evening. We would not go, but we really do not want to miss out on this event. Is everyone OK with this time?

9. 300Z

300Z Member

It all sounds good to me

10. campermom

campermom Member

Sounds like the makings of a great weekend !!!

11. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Sounds like the Wizfisher family will be there as well.
    We are in site 220, Friday afternoon until Monday at 11:00 am. Lol
    I plan on kayak fishing a lot.
    See you all Friday evening.

12. Wizfisher

Wizfisher New Member

Oh yeah, we will be bringing two 6 foot tables for the Friday meet an greet and the potluck Saturday.

We will probably bring bourbon(less) chicken Saturday.

13. 300Z

300Z Member

There is a parking area across from our site 44 so you should be able to drive from 220 for the meet and greet

14. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

It will be great to have ya Wizfisher!

I haven't decided what to bring to potluck yet or meet/greet. I guess I need to figure that out. LOL

15. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

can't go this fall but maybe in the spring. park looks great!

16. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

There is one being planned for further north I think for February? You can check that one out!

17. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

18. aroberts

aroberts Member

So sorry but I had to cancel due to sickness in the family. I hope you guys have an awesome time. The weathers going to be great!! Maybe next time :)

19. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

Today is the day! It is looking like it will be a gorgeous weekend! Looking forward to it!

Bahia- so sorry to hear you had to cancel. I hope whomever is sick gets to feeling better soon!

I will check back later to see if anyone was able to snag a last minute site this morning!

20. Kimmygr

Kimmygr Member

I would like to thank everyone who attended this mini-gathering! Paul and I enjoyed seeing those we have met before and meeting the those who we have not! All of the food was delicious at the potluck! I hope everyone enjoyed themselves. Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.