Florida State Parks approve CORPORATE sponsors

Discussion in 'RV Industry & Camping Related News' started by 01YZF6, May 10, 2012.

1. 01YZF6

01YZF6 Dothan, AL

2. flakeyspam

flakeyspam New Member

I don't love the idea but at the same time I don't want to see parks close. I know this next comment will not be popular but charge the out of state people a surcharge the price would still be well under what they would pay for a private campground drive through any florida state park cg in the winter and at least 3/4 of the cg is from out of state. Then they need to stop paying reserve america a ungodly amount of money to handle the reservations out of each reservation made my reserve america the park receives around half even I can see that's not right.

3. johnsagraves

johnsagraves New Member

This is a bummer especially since we use the State parks here in Florida so much. We did have a problem at Tomoka State Park with a tree branch about 10 inches in diameter come crashing down on the dog pen last year. I talked with the ranger and he indicated they were not able to keep up the maintenance with the cutbacks being what they are. Maybe that will improve also.

4. Geysergazers

Geysergazers New Member

A better idea would be to simply Tax those corporations to support the Parks directly. General Electric has paid zero Taxes for several years yet GE could not exist or do business without the panoply of services provided by Government: everything from Sewers, Roads, Air traffic Control, Patent Law, Property Law, National Defense and Law Enforcement to, yes, the State and Federal Parks which give moments of Peace to the workers who actually make all businesses operate. It is time for Business&Industry to pay their fair share like they used to.

Lew

5. papachaz

papachaz New Member

and hopefully if an out of state surcharge is put in place, our state will gladly reciprocate that when y'all wanna come to the mountains in north ga :)

it would seem they would want to increase interest and draw more people. not alienate the ones who are coming there.

an out of state surcharge would definitely send me somewhere else, but then, so will the advertising

6. mostlyok

mostlyok We're Mostly OK!

Looks like they are at it again. What about us users of Florida State Parks try something new. Pay more! If we could pay a couple of extra bucks each time we go, maybe the legislature would have to admit the parks are 'pay as you go'. I can forsee a donation plan to help acquire more areas for parks, leaving less room for developers. I do not agree with the idea of business in government services, but things do cost money. Let's own up to our actual expenses, and pay for what we use.

Paul of MostlyOK (Heidi has her own opinions, and she hasn't told be about them yet.)