Folding closet storage shelves

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by Matt Benoit, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Matt Benoit

Matt Benoit Well-Known Member

One thing we've noticed while camping, is that we end up living out of our duffel bags because there's no storage for clothes. Originally I was going to use some wire shelving like others have done, but wanted to avoid having to "build" the shelving each time we camp, and break down. Last year I used unistrut to create roof supports to assist our sagging roof and AC. Because the unistrut was already up on the ceiling, I decided to take advantage of its placement. I drilled some holes and added some threaded rod between the two sections of unistrut. My better half found some 3 shelf folding closet organizers from target and they fit perfectly!

Link to shelves:
    https://www.target.com/p/3-shelf-ha...er-light-gray-made-by-design-153/-/A-53170341
    IMG_20190401_153425_compress_96.jpg IMG_20190401_153354_compress_8.jpg

Wild Poppy, PopUpSteve and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Active Member

those look good. our rockwood hw277 popup came with one but it zipped closed so you did not see the teenager mess of clothes, was great. we even had a second one installed for the back bed. it also had a hanging pantry that hung over the sink - used them all the time.

Matt Benoit likes this.
  3. Matt Benoit

Matt Benoit Well-Known Member

Hiding the mess on the shelves would be a must with kids! Target sells drawers for these organizers....but it's probably not necessary for just the 2 of us.