For those needing new canvas...

Discussion in 'Canvas / Awnings / Add a Rooms / Tarps / Tents' started by kitphantom, Sep 14, 2021.

1. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

Canvas Replacements just posted on FB (9/14/21) that: "Current Lead time is still 22-24 weeks, that being said if you are needing a new canvas for NEXT spring, order now. Orders being placed currently are not going to be shipping until Mid March, 2022."
    I would assume that Bear Creek Canvas isn't any faster shipping these days.

Bullfrog Bheer, xxxapache and Sjm9911 like this.
  2. Tarkus

Tarkus Member

Do they need your old canvas (as a template) to get started?

3. Toxictom

Toxictom Member

No. They take the model number or serial number (VIN) of your popup and use the manufacturers specs if I recall correctly. They have the patterns for most popups already.

Tarkus likes this.
  4. kitphantom

They may or may not. Sometimes both Canvas Replacements and Bear Creek Canvas will have the pattern, especially if it was a more common popup. We used Canvas Replacements when we bought new canvas for our first popup, a 1984 Palomino Shetland, because they already had the pattern, Bear Creek Canvas did not. Since our canvas no longer existed, that was a deciding factor.

5. Clumsytrish

Clumsytrish New Member

I just ordered my new canvas from Bear Creek today - they said the same 22-24 weeks out, told me to expect it in April. Which was why I ordered today instead of in the spring, lol

6. Clumsytrish

Clumsytrish New Member

By the way, I wanted to tell you thanks! I’m new here, we finally got our first new to us pop up after talking about it forever. It has that Evolution 3 canvas and every search I did when looking for answers about how to repair it - your name and your story came up. Our canvas is ok for now, but it is starting to disintegrate around the door just like you described. I was afraid if I took it off to really wash it, it might just completely fall apart. We ended up putting some canvas tape on the holes and are just kinda being careful with it. I haven’t put my hand through it yet, and it should be ok until our new canvas gets here. But anyway, your story and your advice really helped us! Sorry for the rambling story, but thanks!

kitphantom likes this.
  7. kitphantom

Glad to help. It’s one way we all learn.

Clumsytrish likes this.