For those that have a wastewater tote

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (The Fresh, The Blue, The Grey, &' started by Ryanincc, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Ryanincc

Ryanincc Truth is poetry. Most Americans do not like poetry

Ive only gotten to camp in my NTU twice, outside of Camp Driveway, since buying it in January. Once with full hookups and once with out sewer hookups and had to use my inherited "blue-boy" for gray water. Mine is a 10 gallon, I think. I say I think because it sure seems like it weighs waayyy more than 80lbs when its full. It has wheels and a handle. Id take a pic but its stored under my U-couch right now. Anyway.... on day three of our trip, the tote was full of sink water. I know I know, that seems like a lot, but we have a baby and its a lot of bottle washing many times a day [:D] . I unhooked the blue-boy from the pup and wheeled it over to my 4Runner rear hatch. The thing is so awkward when full it literally took everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, I had to lift it into the SUV. Same for getting it out at the dump station. Ive been dreading having to use it again. I also don't want to have to dump it daily, with the less than full tote, or a smaller container. I happen to come across this little bracket on Amazon that allows you to slowly tow your tote and I just wanted to pass it along in case anyone else struggles with a full wastewater tote.

http://www.amazon.com/Barker-16362-Towing-Bracket-Tote/dp/B007HRMZUM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?ie=UTF8&colid=32NES4UAB0GHI&coliid=I2J5Q8KQO6NI7L

Strangely, only 16$ on Amazon, and over $30 on ebay.

2. jjg

jjg Member

Thanks, I always wondered what was used when I saw people hauling their blue tank to the dump station.

3. Ryanincc

HAHA! If id seen this before I would have bought it sooner, but in my limited experience, all Ive seen is a golf cart hauling one of blue totes on the back. And since i don't own, or need a golf cart....

4. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

[HYC] [TV] I have a 25 gallon blue tote that is used for both grey and black. I have the metal piece that allows me to hook it to the tow vehicle hitch and pull it under 10 mph to the dump station where I use my short dump hose to empty it.

5. Ryanincc

Hah! Perhaps the bracket is common knowledge to you experts around here LOL

My iPhone did this

6. Denny75

Denny75 New Member

The bracket is included with the 15 gallons and up models when you purchase same.

7. jjg

jjg Member

My hand me down didnt come with the bracket, didnt know there was such a thing. Im glad it was posted. I can now go out and buy one.

8. 88PUP

88PUP being crazy- has kept me from going insane

Mine is a 10 gallon, I think. I say I think because it sure seems like it weighs waayyy more than 80lbs

I have the 25 gal with handle and it works great, but when it's full, it's HEAVY!!! I can barely lift it up from the ground must less pull it. This past weekend we were camping at Billy Drear Island State Park and I needed to dump the tote because it was FULL! I saw a problem right away. The Truck was about 30' from the tote and UPHILL. After a little thinking I dug out my 50' bundle of 1/2" poly rope and connected it to the truck and the tote. I then drug that sucker up to the road and hooked it to the hitch ball and off to the dump we went. Coming back was MUCH easier because it rode EMPTY in the truck bed. So I know what you mean when you say the 10 gal. was heavy!!

9. Ryanincc

Great! Mine is a hand me down as well. Lol

My iPhone did this

10. Mickeyrv

Mickeyrv Week day camping is great

11. huizarr

huizarr Member

I have a spare handle I can sell if someone needs one. PM if interested.