Ford F150 with a 3.7

motorican

Who's lost? just takin' the scenic route
Mar 9, 2011
Wrenchgear, that engine has more HP and Torque than my 1999 4.6 liter V8 F150. Plus the 6 speed auto transmission beats the old 4 speed unit. Just make sure it has the factory tow package, tow haul mode and transmission cooler. Enjoy.

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Near Elmira, Southern Ontario
Yeah, thanks guys for all your input, it helped out with some decisions.

I made the deal on one today, will pick it up later in the week. 2013, XLT, supercab, silver, 5.0 L, 6 speed trans auto, 2 wheel drive, 3.31 rear gears, factory tow package with brake controller, trailer towing mirrors that telescope out, 18,300 kms., has full warranty for 13 more months or up to 60,000 kms., and powertrain until 100,000 kms. or May 2018.
Looking forward to getting it in a few days. Woot woot, [:D]

BTW, ... The guy from the Toronto truck called me again this morning. Wondered again if I thought anymore about his truck. I said that if he is just pulling numbers out of thin air, I can do the same. He put his asking price up by $1000, so I dropped my offer by $1000. If he can do it, so can I. [:D]
I told him that he can keep his truck and it can rot on his lot, I don't want it. He was dumbfounded. I told him to finally stop calling me. I might phone him tomorrow and tell him about the truck I got today, and let him know how much less I paid for it than what he wants for his. The trucks are apples to apples, except, mine is a year newer, has 35,000 less kms., has a few more options (factory tow package and brake controller for one), and was less money. Hehehe!!

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
G. Will Ickers said:
I have the '12 with the 5.0 and super crew with a 6.5' bed. I am in love with the truck. It's got plenty of room, power, and creature comforts.

We have the 2014 5.0L supercrew, same 6.5' bed.....We love it. I drive it every day during the week (hubby needs the van for work purposes) and am wondering how we got through our first camping season without it!

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Just be cautioned ... A truck like that can tow a lot more then just a pop-up ... Next you'll be looking at a nice shiny N2U TT or HTT ... Just ask Greg ... [:D]

Snow

Super Active Member
Jul 19, 2007
Ontario
Too bad it's a Ford, but nice looking truck anyways [:D] ... That would look real nice being followed by a 25ft (or bigger) TT .. [}:)]

AlcHemIE

May 5, 2015
Beautiful Truck! I'm dying for one, but with a 70 mile RT commute and two kids in daycare, there is NO WAY i could ever afford one. Thought about buying a beater just to use as a TV but i dont need another project.

Best of luck with it!

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Snow said:
Too bad it's a Ford, but nice looking truck anyways [:D] ... That would look real nice being followed by a 25ft (or bigger) TT .. [}:)]

Yeah, I know all about you Dodge guys. A dodge friend of mine asked me if I got a puppy along with it when I bought it. I said "no, why"? He said "because nobody should have to walk home by themselves". Everyone's a comedian.

Having said that, this is the first Ford I've had in about 15 years. It's been all Dodge's in that time.

gruss

Super Active Member
May 6, 2014
Wrenchgear said:
Having said that, this is the first Ford I've had in about 15 years. It's been all Dodge's in that time.

Nice looking truck and I'm glad you came to your senses [;)]

Kennuck

Jul 14, 2013
Congrats on the new truck, you'll be glad you held out for a 5.0.
I'm sure you won't go back to a Dodge after owning the F150.

Wrenchgear

5 Star Eagle Camper
Aug 5, 2010
Kennuck said:
Congrats on the new truck, you'll be glad you held out for a 5.0.

Thanks, I had a 5.0 in my 1985 F150 that I had years ago. That thing was a pig, on gas and in power. This new one is light years ahead in both areas.

gruss said:
Nice looking truck and I'm glad you came to your senses [;)]

Ya, I know. I shook my head, and thought processes started coming back. Thanks

ccptbo said:
Great looking truck, Gar!!

Melissa & Greg - ccptbo

Thanks Mel, now DS has one too after his car blew up this morning.

nineoaks2004

Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday
Oct 15, 2006
Dukes, Fl
I had a Ford P up with the small V6 and pulling a 25 ft. trailer it had a little problem getting up the hills, I sold it and got a 2004 F 150 5.4 engine with echo boost, Then I sold the TT and got a PUP. It will can has pulled everything I have hooked to it, and is a breeze when pulling my PUP