Forest River Rockwood 2318G - odometer

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Damonbarnum, Apr 18, 2017.

1. Damonbarnum

Damonbarnum New Member

We're looking as selling our Forest River Rockwood 2318G and trying to figure out the mileage. Anyone know if there is any easy way to find out? Thank you

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Why ?? most people buying a trailer want to know the age, condition and maintenance history.. Never heard of anyone wanting to know the mileage..

3. Damonbarnum

Damonbarnum New Member

Don't know. Never sold one before so just wanted to get as much info together as possible

4. Wrenchgear

Wrenchgear Near Elmira, Southern Ontario

Without recording every mile it was pulled, there is no way to know. But again, why? If you can show that the bearings and spindles have been taken care of and are in good shape, and the tires and brakes are good, it shouldn't matter how many miles are on it. It seems like I've pulled our Pup for about one and a half million miles, I think it's really more like only 900,000.

5. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Not a way to tell that I know of. I would have liked to know for myself, but didn't want to take the time to keep track every time we went on a trip here or there. I can just guesstimate based on where we go each year and be pretty close.

6. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

A Hubometer can be installed to track mileage.

7. Fixitup

Fixitup Well-Known Member

Never heard of anyone asking for mileage on a trailer.

8. infernisdiem

infernisdiem Member

I do have to say, it would be interesting to see what the mileage on camper trailer is, look back of all the miles you traveled together.

9. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member Platinum Supporting Member

We learned to keep track of mileage on the campers, so we knew how many miles were on tires. We were guessing at mileage, and that contributed to a blow out on our first pup.
    We do a simple notebook, which is kept in the TV. Not helpful for the OP, after the fact of trips. However, we keep track of maintenance in the same notebook, and it's nice to look and see mileage to campgrounds we want to go back to.

10. AFramed!

AFramed! Member

Some newer TV's offer trailer mileage when trailer is hooked up on the dash. Since we only pull our Aframe I know how many miles total we have pulled her because the TV records it. That said a notepad in the glove box is best for retaining info like new tire installation mileage or repacked wheel bearing dates. Without a very well kept written log of mileage I doubt anyone can truly know a trailers mileage and agree it's not a factor in resale.

11. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

With Google calendar (or any other calendar) it is easy to record the trip AND mileage and sum up at end of year, as well maintenance and reminders. It helps if you have a common designation such as Starcraft 2014 = STAR.14 for each of the entries.

12. JBinNV

JBinNV Member

As an owner of a Rockwood 2318G I'm curious as to why you are selling it?

13. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

my 2318G was a great trailer!