Former Pop Upper ... Now Tenter

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aggieamy, Oct 21, 2017.

1. aggieamy

aggieamy New Member

Hello all. I joined this forum back in 2010ish when DH and I had a pop up camper. We loved that thing but moved into a house where it wouldn't fit in the garage and got rid of it. Yesterday on a whim we decided we'd go camping when we discovered we had a tent in the garage. It was amazing. Our little boy is now almost four and rode his bike from sun up to sun down at the camp and had the time of his life.

We're back ...

We've discussed getting another camper of some sort in the future but now we'll stick to tent camping. Hope we're still welcome here!

pasobuff, Haybale and sierrapup like this.
  2. megcabra

megcabra Well-Known Member

You are always welcome, once a Pop Upper always a Pop Upper! The most important thing is to get outdoors and camp as a family and enjoy!

Last edited: Oct 22, 2017
    aggieamy and jmkay1 like this.
  3. Boatnman

Boatnman Well-Known Member

Once a PUP and camping gets into your blood, it's there forever! Welcome back.

aggieamy likes this.
  4. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

Welcome back. Tent still pops up too.[:D] I still camp both ways myself. The tent can get me in some much quieter out of the way spots the camper can't, at least in campgrounds I visit. The camper just extends my camping season by a whole lot longer. Like someone said just get your family out there and have fun. That is the important thing.

aggieamy and megcabra like this.
  5. JPBar

JPBar Well-Known Member

Ant type of camping is better than staying at the house.

aggieamy likes this.
  6. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

Welcome back to the Portal from N/W Fl Panhandle. I still tent camp when solo canoeing. (cannot get my TT on the canoe)You will miss the PUP in inclement weather. However when tent camping you are at least out in the great outdoors and sounds like ya'll enjoyed it. Good Luck and Happy Camping.

aggieamy likes this.
  7. rich2

rich2 Active Member

Tent camped for twenty plus years, then bought a pop up. I sold that pop up two years ago after a tree limb fell on it...sold it for parts. Went back to tent camping, loved it except for the last trip when I had to deal with tearing down in a rain storm, two wet dogs, a wet and cold wife all of which does not equal a good time, so searched around and found us a vintage pop up, bought a 1965 Cox Campsquire, in great shape other than the canvas, which I am in the process of ordering.

8. Goldens

Goldens Member

I joined in '08 and still have my restored '88 Palomino colt though I haven't opened it in 2 years. I just toss a tent in the car and go than pulling something. If it rains they both wind up wet and you gotta air 'em out anyway lol.

9. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

We do both here... We found Sherando Lake here at the start of the Blue Ridge parkway in Virginia. You can tell right away this used to be a fabulous Tent camping spot... So we cracked out our tent and tent camp there all the time now...

How can you not like a tent camp spot like this
    [​IMG]
    Sherando Lake camping

There are several camp spots here lined with bolders and the such...

We always carry a tent with us when making off-road POPUP trail runs... Do both of them at the same time haha...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

shuang2 likes this.
  10. D_Gibb

D_Gibb Member

If you go to a campground or anywhere you make your camp site - whether it is backpacking under the stars, tent camping, pop up, hybrid, travel trailer, 5th wheel, or monster house-on-wheels, you're welcome here.

Hell, if you are only wishing you could get camping or reminiscing on times past, you're still welcome.

11. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Welcome back....We dropped back to tents only for several years... and still tent camp several times a year... our kids had gotten older and wanted their own tents, leaving us in the Popup...so we just dropped back to a tent...After they grew and gone we picked up another small Pup, then a Hybrid with the expected Grandson.

12. rocksncactus

rocksncactus Member

THIS!

13. Sotovoce

Sotovoce Active Member

Of course you are welcome here. We still have a back pack tent we use places wheels cannot go. We also have friends on the other end of the spectrum. The husband developed dementia. The wife, who is a small person, did all the work of setting up and taking down until this year. They now camp in a TT, but will always be welcome among their PUP friends.