Fort Ebey and First solo trip

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Ruby Jean, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean Member

The first trip of the year turned out to also be my first solo trip with my two dogs. My friend who usually goes with me is recovering from knee replacement surgery and was not able to go this time. Stayed 3 nights at Fort Ebey State Park on Whidbey Island. Beautiful scenery and not a drop of rain the entire time which is pretty rare here in the Pacific Northwest.

Fort Ebey 1.jpg
    Fort Ebey 2.jpg
    Fort Ebey 3.jpg

2. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I enjoy my solo trips - with my two dogs and the parrot. Sometimes it's just nice to not worry about another person's enjoyment (and I am one of those who wants to make sure others are having fun).

Nice looking dogs - what is the black and white one? Looks like maybe a fox terrier or similar?

3. Ruby Jean

Ruby Jean Member

She was supposed to be a purebred Smooth Fox Terrier. As she grew up it became obvious there is another breed mixed in. Judging by certain features I suspect Rat Terrier. She's one of my "foster failures"!

4. TheBlurb

TheBlurb Member

Love this place!

5. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

Her face is a bit skinny for a fox terrier, but her legs are too long for a jrt or rat. :)

When I had Dog, a white shepherd/lab, she very much wanted a jrt as a pet. She watched Frazier and Wishbone all the time. I finally convinced her that she didn't have the energy for a jrt. She got an akita instead - she would grab him by his jowl and drag him around the yard. Yep, my dog had a pet dog...

Ruby Jean likes this.
  6. Shaman1

Shaman1 Well-Known Member

Nice set up. It's been a long time since I went to Whidbey Island.