Fort Wilderness--April 8 2021

Discussion in 'Florida' started by tzmartin, Apr 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. tzmartin

tzmartin Not here for a long time but here for a good time!

There are dozens of other Fort Wilderness reviews and websites. But we are here now and it's beautiful. No rain the last 4 days and no rain in the next 6. Yes, we are camping for 10 days!!! COVID precautions are still around--masks on outside the site but i think it's loosening with the FL governor's recent guidelines. We've camped here a dozen times--2000 loop is about 2/3 full. Don't know if it's to lessen impact on comfort stations or not.

The pool occupancy is limited. Chairs are spaced out. They clean the chairs when you leave. The drink machines are closed but you can buy food at the snack bar.

The nighttime movies are still on but terrible (IMHO) movie choices--piglet's big movie, disney nature: Bears, etc. Cinderella, may be playing tonight.

The monorail is not in operation to EPCOT. We drove to Hollywood Studios the last two days. We rode the skyliner buckets for kicks--wow that was fun. We did all the star wars stuff. Helpful hint--get in the online virtual queue for rise of the resistance just before 7:00am or 1:00pm to ride. Refresh the "box" on the queue page constantly 1 minute before queue opens and immediately click the join button on the second page if you're lucky to get in. Don't read anything. The entire queue for the day/time period fills in about 5 seconds. The virtual queue gets you in the ride and there is little to no line once you get in the "boarding group" WIN_20210408_10_54_31_Pro.jpg

Sjm9911 likes this.
  2. tzmartin

Okay, here's a better picture. WIN_20210408_10_57_21_Pro.jpg

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

I am so, so jealous!!!!!!!!!

Sjm9911 and tzmartin like this.
  4. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Yea, me too. Ill be there in november though. If the pool has no availability, i here the quiet pool is empty. No fun for the kids though, but you can swim. Chip n dale is missed, as is the hoop de do. Glad you have great weather. And good info for star wars land. I didn't get to do the ride of the resistance. Buy the land itself is kinda neat. Have fun.

tzmartin likes this.
  5. tzmartin

3:15 Update, yeah, haven't moved much. life is good.
    WIN_20210408_15_18_45_Pro.jpg

silvermickey2002 and Sjm9911 like this.
  6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Very cool, glad you are having fun. Having done DW several times now over the years, both with and without kids, I am just about done. Being in TX it is about the same amount of effort to get to DW or DL, and I prefer DL if I had a choice. These days though with limited vacation days I prefer to go somewhere new instead, although my wife may disagree with me when it comes to disney decisions.

Never camped though, DW is not a camper and she is not too keen on pup camping there and back either, so we usually fly and stay on property, or drive sometimes but that trip can be brutal - MS and FL panhandle is soooo boring to drive through, it is mind numbing with little to see or stop at to break up the monotony.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. tzmartin

Yes, I understand the drive. I think most campers at FW are from the southeast. We drove 9 hours and that's about the max for us. We used to live in ATL and went twice a year. We Just got home last night and it feels good to take a shower in my own bathroom!

Sjm9911 likes this.