Fort Wilderness - September 2015

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by ThePattersons, Aug 21, 2015.

1. ThePattersons

ThePattersons New Member

Just curious...

Anyone planing to camp at Fort Wilderness in September 2015.
    We are thinking about taking a trip for 3 nights the 20th - 23rd.

This will be our maiden voyage with our new (first) camper.
    Would be nice to meet some fellow PUP owners - especially if you have young children as we have a 5 year old daughter.

We are planing to make this a camping trip and not a Disney trip. We want to see what Disney have to offer without hitting the parks this time. Bike Rides, camp fire movies, monorail rides, boat rides, fire works,.... you get the picture. .

Anyway. Just curious if anyone is heading that way.

Oh we have not booked our site yet and our days are flexible so if there is a suggestion or two out there please let us know.

2. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

We did it last summer but the DD's wanted to do Key Largo this past July so FW was not an option. Plus their days off from school and my days away from my school (I'm faculty in an adjacent county) don't mix. Have a great time.

3. bondebond

bondebond New Member

scubacamper, I hear you on the scheduling issue. My kids are in public school but my wife teaches at a private university and their Spring Breaks never line up together, which kills it for spring vacations for us.

Anway, good luck ThePattersons at FW. I've looked at it for our accommodations when we go to the parks and am curious to hear how your experience was, especially for a maiden voyage.

4. kstephens

kstephens Member

We are going the first week of october. Wife and I are both in education (Fall break). It will be our first trip there (campground - we are season pass holders to disney). We originally had planned on taking the pup - I was excited. We then decided to invite my niece. I found it is impossible to find a resort there that accommodates 5 without shelling out a ton of money. We ended up renting a 2016 35' travel trailer (delivered and set up at site) for under $900/week, which is cheaper than an offsite hotel. Everyone gets their own bed, we still get to experience the campground, and I am taking my first venture into the darkside - I can't wait.

5. popuppartyof5

popuppartyof5 Are we having fun yet???

We will be in Fort Wilderness from Sept.13-19th. Looking forward to the adventure! I haven't been since I was a kid. My parents will be joining us with their popup too. When we called for reservations we were unable to reserve a specific site but we did ask to be next to each other and if possible in loop 1500. We are planning on hitting up the parks for 4 days and chilling out at the campground for one. Sorry we will be missing you. I will probably try to post something when we are there. [:D]

6. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

kstephens, that's a great price for that size camper for the week and we were looking to go back the week before or after Christmas however there are ZERO spots available so we're looking at staying at Blue Spring in Deland.

I love the Davy Crockett Tavern / Restaurant.