## Forum Upgrade ##

Discussion in 'Web Site Features/Products' started by PopUpSteve, Mar 3, 2017.

1. lovelymae

lovelymae Member

Love the new updates! Thank you for all your hard work!!

2. exploreco

exploreco Active Member

Just want to also say thanks for all the hard work. Although I will miss the convenience of the Tapatalk app I do understand the cost savings and appreciate the more mobile friendly site. Have posted most of my responses from it. So far so good. There will be some bugs along the way I am sure with any software change but we will survive. Not that I disliked the old pc version, but this one has a more modern feel like many other forums out there.

3. Austin

Austin New Member

Hi I'm new here and found this place looking for a manual for my 2002 Skamper 23cxs. I tried going to the section of the forum for manuals and found the pinned post with the link to the manuals you have but when I click it I get logged out and redirected back to the home page of the forums. At first I thought it was because I was on a phone so I tried from the computer and got the same result. I'm sure you will get this sorted I just wanted give you the heads up.

4. mrobuck

mrobuck New Member

Will the RSS feed be enabled again? I normally use feedly to see all the new posts and keep up. Thanks for all the work!

5. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Color me confused.

I have the TT plug-in on several SMF forums I administer. There has been zero cost for that.

I know XenForo costs just for the forum, but is there a secondary charge to enable TT? Not just install the TT plug-in? Or were you paying for a branded TT app, or some other TT sevice?

Could you send me a link about the security concerns. I've looked and couldn't find any real problems.

6. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

The cost is that OUR advertisers don't get shown over Tapatalk (like PopUpGizmos). And for any forum owner, Tapatalk is such a rip-off as to what they pay. They are like other parasites of the Internet, making money off of the hard work of others. :mad:

7. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

We now have all the Smiles working again. :D [put&pu] [suv&pu] [put&hy] [suv&hy] [PUC] [PU] [NEON] [HYC] [HY] [PUT] [TV]

There is some duplication but we'll weed out those eventually. ;)

8. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

None of the forums I'm admin on have advertisers. Regulars cover the cost for the server, selling t-shirts, stickers, and such with site logos. One is just paid for by the guy that started it, it's only $50-60/yr. Volunteers (like me) for admin/mods.

I didn't know the website had ads either. I never saw them, as all my browsers have ad blockers.
    I got sick of pop-up ads/windows, pop-over ads hiding content, ads auto playing video, and otherwise bogging my system down.

9. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

I'm working on converting all the avatars from the old sizing to the new. Hope to have it done shortly and then they will be available for members to download to reset their accounts.

Meanwhile, if you are updating your avatar, please keep with the theme of the website. Thanks

10. 3hooligans

3hooligans Member

I see the mobile version, it is nice, it is much easier thread and scroll through at first glance. Will there be an app in the future? (curiosity more than anything)
    Thank you again.

11. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Roger. :oops:

12. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Hey Steve, maybe make the "watch threads on post or reply "checked by default?

13. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

I'm getting alerts to all the threads I've posted in, not sure if that's default or I set it:confused:

14. unclemark

unclemark Overland Park, KS

Very grateful for the sweet upgrade! Clean, easy on the eyes, content-focused. Very nice job.

15. PopUpSteve

PopUpSteve Administrator

• No app, that's what the "Mobile Friendly" part take care of.
    • Won't be doing any mods until I get a handle on this new software.
    • Thanks. I wanted to keep the new look (colors and such) as close to what we had as possible.

16. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Sorry when I updated from the phone it would only let me take a picture, wouldn't let me into any of the folders to pick a camping picture.. So went with a vacation themed picture.. :D

17. ST Dog

ST Dog Member

Odd. Works fine on my android 4.4 devices.

if only the text boxes would work with my cursor controls and spell checker. It's one of the reason I don't like XenForo as I have the issue with other forums and with different browsers.

18. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Not quite sure what this means... My current avatar is a pic of us camping so I think that passes. But on various other forums, I'll use a pic of my dog or something.

Is the intent to just be non-controversial, or are we really intent on keeping avatars camping-related? I do take my dog camping lol.

19. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

I took it to mean that the standard Avatars from the old forum will soon be the only choices (Just like the old forum), and to not take liberties while that update is happening in the background.

20. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

I hope that's not the case... every other forum I've been on has allowed you to upload an avatar. I've rarely, if ever, seen that abused.

crackerJack likes this.