Found a pop up.... no TV

Discussion in 'Camper Pre-Purchase Questions' started by Piscesmama, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Rik Peery

Rik Peery Well-Known Member

Sounds like you're taking your time to get it right, some dang good info in the posts above; sleep outside to start if nothing else, or hide in a Bass Pro Shop until they close & spend the night there, just don't set the place on fire making smores...wife hadn't camped when we 1st got married, she's now on honorary RANGER status & proven herself under duress on night missions more than once...1st wife never made it thru basic training & was a NO GO...salute to you for taking the initiative to get the fam outside [8D][CB]

SebRain likes this.
  2. SebRain

SebRain New Member

+1 on Sherronlee's comment.

We had a cabin tent, like this: https://thetenthub.com/camping-tents/coleman-hampton-tent/. Easy to set up, I'm 5'10" and could stand at any location inside the tent without crouching.

More than enough room for four cots, and a table in the middle should we have needed it. We were luck enough to have a vehicle that was almost cavernous on the cargo spectrum, so we didn't need a trailer, but it did cross our minds.

But you could get all your gear in the trailer and head out.

3. Agaragon

Agaragon New Member

There are companies that will rent you a trailer and set up for you on the campground you choose. I believe you have to pay for the site and obviously for the trailer. Adventure Camping is a company that does this in California. Not sure in other states. I would assume there has to be other companies in other states.

Rik Peery likes this.
  4. inthedirt

inthedirt Active Member

U-haul rents 1/2T trucks for $19.99 a day, plus mileage. My cousin did this for years towing her vintage camp trailer because their minivan didn't have the ability to pull it. Just last month, they rented a truck for our annual reunion about 8hrs from home. The rented their truck for 7-days and factored in about 700mi included in the price. If they drove less than that, they got a refund. That rental cost them less than $400 total.

5. Blackripley

Blackripley Active Member

We started with an instant cabin tent from Coleman, heavy but easy set-up for the inexperienced campers. It is also plenty big with a divider that makes into two rooms. We have kept it and add it to our pop-up kit if we think the weather might be bad or the site is buggy, versus using an easy-up canopy at the site for shade.

[​IMG]