Found parts in New Camper

Discussion in 'Mystery Parts' started by ce4, Jun 8, 2020.

1. ce4

ce4 New Member

We have a 2020 Forest River Flagstaff 206LTD. Went on a single night camping trip this weekend and when we were cleaning/airing out Sunday, i found these under the rear bunk mattress. Any ideas on what they are or what they are for? They measure 51" long and of course the "owners manual" says nothing.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  2. LjohnSaw

LjohnSaw So many fish, so little time...

They look like safety supports. When you put the roof up, the clip on diagonal corners of the lift "bars". In the event the lifting system fails, these will keep the roof from coming down. Just don't forget to remove them when you intentionally try to lower the roof ;)

gladecreekwy, ce4 and Sjm9911 like this.
  3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I'm pretty sure, but could be wrong those are the lift arm braces to to prevent the roof from falling down in case of lift failure.

ce4 and Sjm9911 like this.
  4. myride

myride Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Safety supports for roof when in up position. Slip them over supports in opposite corners.

ce4 likes this.
  5. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Crazy!
    I checked out forrest river's site. They all share a manual for 2018 and up. The brand new manual contains NOTHING on how to put up the camper! Shocking!

Anyways.
    Here's a manual from 2010
    https://www.popupportal.com/resources/flagstaff-owners-manual.404/

Page 6 has a diagram

Page 17 has the setup instructions (Step 2, install lifter post guards)

ce4 likes this.
  6. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Not shocking to me. They have this in their generic manuals for everything from a popup to motorhomes regarding moving the unit with water in the tanks.

"When traveling, you may want to drain the tank or keep the quantity of water to a minimum. This will reduce the total weight of the RV for travel."

Then the too light supports for said tank can deflect and the tank tries to exit the rig, and in more than a few cases does exit the rig. At that point they tell folks that it was not meant to be moved with water in the tanks and I have seen the actual emails they send people telling them so, and it will not be covered under the warranty. At best they refer you to Lippert components who makes the frames who blow you off. Those generic manuals are meant to be some half arsed type of CYA document for Forest River even though their wording does not cover them in the least, than they are a user manual.

ce4 likes this.
  7. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Well-Known Member

yes, roof brace. Opposite corners, slanted end up. This should have been part of your PDI inspection when you picked up the camper - did they not show you this?

ce4 likes this.
  8. ce4

ce4 New Member

Thank you all for the info!! it really clears a lot up.

hahaha...ya no. i've learned more about this pup, as well as pups in general from this community and others than from the place we got it from. nice people, but i don't think they know/understand enough about pups to sell/educate/handle them. When we bought it earlier, the place we got if from just started selling pups a little over a year ago.

9. GalsofEscape

GalsofEscape Well-Known Member

that is sad about your dealer - though we had a similar experience when we got our highwall popup (and ours was not new to dealing with pups) - but they did show us the roof braces. We got a "here is the furnace" and "here is the stove" - no instructions on how to use anything. was a steep steep learning curve. Took us a whole year to realize we had curtains for the hallway. we were new to pups/campers so it really was a case of not knowing what you don't know - and learning alot by doing and asking. Needless to say - we did not go back to that dealer when we got our hybrid. Keep asking questions here and people here will get you squared away.

10. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

I am convinced dealers (At least mine) could care less once you have signed on the dotted line and paid up.
    Like anything else you learn as you go.
    My walk through was a joke looking back.
    The support bars were never brought up.
    The awning which is junk was never explained or set up....Had it been the dealer may have realized the ball end brackets for awning supports
    needed to be installed on roof section.
    The bunk light/fan combos were never taken out of the box (Took me awhile to find the tiny port where they plugged in on the dome light)
    No one ever brought up a brake controller(Which they could have sold me)...Found that out on my own as well.
    Next time around they will earn money during the walk through.

11. Toedtoes

Toedtoes Well-Known Member

That one drives me crazy. We have folks driving out here, from places with no shortage of water, with empty tanks. When they arrive, during our drought no less, they want to fill their 100+ gallon tanks at the campground that has to haul water in for everyone. And of course, they only stay one night, but have to take 5 showers between two of them during that time. All because someone told them they would save on fuel costs while driving...

12. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Thats like when I stop for gas and an empty vehicle is sitting at a pump while Larry the doofus is inside the store ordering 5 hotdogs prepared 5 different ways and buying, scratching, and cashing in lottery tickets.