Fountainebleu State Park

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by novagirl, Jan 29, 2013.

1. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Anyone ever camped at Fountainebleu SP near Mandeville LA? We just made reservations there for Spring Break. Also, I see that they have a Civil War Museum in New Orleans. Anyone ever been to it? Thanks.

2. Dale Boudreaux

Dale Boudreaux New Member

You will love it. It has spots overlooking a bayou and a trail through the bayou (bring insect repellant). There are a million things to do in NO. You should also check out the WWII memorial as well.

Enjoy.

3. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

Thanks, Boudreaux. How is the Civil War Museum in NO?

4. badgamuss

badgamuss Member

5. Dale Boudreaux

Dale Boudreaux New Member

I am ashamed to say I have never been to the Civil War Museum.....

6. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

we're planning on checking them both out while we are there. i'm into the history stuff and have several ancestors that fought in the revolutionary and civil wars. my dad was on the bataan death march and was a Japanese prisoner of war for 3 1/2 years so I am into that stuff. thanks for the info guys.

7. mckeapc67

mckeapc67 New Member

You'll like Fontainebleau State Park. It's only about 1/2 hour from my house. We have camped there many times.

Haven't been there since the hurricane; so, you'll have to let us know how well they got it cleaned back up. Last I heard, the welcome center / museum there wasn't opened back up yet.

Enjoy!!