Four plugs in ceiling...kinda

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by popitup84, Jun 11, 2013.

1. popitup84

popitup84 New Member

I've got a 1995 coleman destiny royale...i took it to a now out-of-business rv dealer and was told my roof could not support an a/c unit on the roof.....i've been in it alot lately working on it and there are four plastic "plugs strategicaly placed in the ceiling...is this for a/c unit mount or a roof vent? I can't post any pics at this time sorry....any suggestions would be appreciated!

2. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

On our Cobalt, the nubs on the ceiling are to indicate the location for the optional roof vent. I would assume a/c too, but it seems that an a/c usually requires extra supports, due to the weight.

3. HiFiDave

HiFiDave Singin round the campfire

I found those "nubs" in our E1 roof today. They are off center and very much close to the door in the ceiling. Where did you learn of what these are may I ask? Thanks...

4. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

I think I asked about them when we looked at the Coleman campers at one or another dealers.

5. 94-D2

94-D2 Happy Campin'

The nubs are to identify where to install either a roof fan or A/C. If an A/C there will be metal braces/supports the width of the roof on either side of the nubs. If not, it is most likely for a fan/vent. You can install the supports by purchasing model kit, or aftermarket if the roof can lift it. Your manual should address it.