Fresh/City Water problem

Discussion in 'Plumbing Systems (Blue, Grey, & Black)' started by jorgewolfe, Sep 18, 2017.

1. jorgewolfe

jorgewolfe Member

Just purchased a 1978 Starcraft Starmaster 6 with what appears to be a brand new water pump. Filled the fresh water tank and hit the switch for long enough to get the bubbles out of the line - ran for a while then flow stopped. Bubbles were in the line so checked for leaks - found none. Hooked up to city water and water gushed out of the faucet and into the tank. Should the pump not stop this happening? Should there be a check valve somewhere in the system?

2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

What faucet and what tank ? trailer faucet and fresh water tank ?

3. jorgewolfe

jorgewolfe Member

The sink faucet is a spout with a switch for the pump and I figured out that as such it has nothing to prevent the flow from the city water inlet (problem #1) The other thing that happened was that the water coming into the city water inlet was flowing into the fresh water tank. So I guess I need to get a faucet which shuts off if I want to hook up to city water and maybe a check valve in the line coming from the fresh water tank to the pump?