fresh water holding tank question

Discussion in 'Camper Storage / Winterizing & De-Winterizing' started by letsgobuffalo12, Jun 27, 2021.

1. letsgobuffalo12

letsgobuffalo12 New Member

hello everyone. I have a new to me 2008 jayco 1206. I am currently filling up the holding tank and there appears to be a cap missing?
    this is right next to the line that feeds the pump. any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files:

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Looks like the drain fitting is broken. If you could remove any broken pieces and the threads on the tank are still good you could install a pipe plug, or better still a shut off valve, or even better some plumbing with a shut off to bring it to the edge of camper to make it easier to drain.

3. letsgobuffalo12

letsgobuffalo12 New Member

thank you for the great info! I just went to Lowes and picked up a 1/2" and 3/4" male PVC plug. the 1/2" wants to fit but is just a tad too big. is there a special 0lug I should look for? maybe a plumbing supply house? 1/2" was the smallest Lowes had. thank you again!

4. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

5. Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don Well-Known Member

Here is a tip that may or may not apply. My cousin had a leaking Fresh water tank. It was leaking at the pipe fitting that went to the pump. He was going to order a new tank. But before he did he took it to a plumber shop. They said they could fix it by removing the old fitting and Spin welding a new fitting in its place. I had never heard of that before. The idea is to put the two pieces together and spin the new fitting at high speed until it melts onto the tank. Apparently it is common practice for plastic tank repair. It worked for him. We just got back from a week-long camping trip and there was no leaks from his tank. Here is a video on how it is done.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Cool, i have heard of that but never sceen it. Looks easy to do if you have the right tools.

Grandpa Don likes this.