Fridge question - mold!!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by leningradka, Aug 25, 2019.

1. leningradka

leningradka Spending a small fortune to live like homeless guy

I have a regular stock dometic fridge. After last couple of trips we have been battling mold invasion. WE have sprayed/cleaned and just cant seem to be rid of it. It seems that we need to remove the back portion of it - if the door is open, and you are looking in, its the piece that carries the metal "gills" in the back But we can't figure out how to remove it. WE would greatly appreciate advise on how to win this battle, we are going out this weekend and I can't use the fridge like this. Thank you!

2. Pnut

Pnut Member

I don't think you can remove those as they are part of the cooling system. Maybe you could use some type of bathroom cleaner for mold. Just make sure when you are done with each trip to leave the door open so it will dry out when it warms up and that should keep it from molding again. Just remember to close it when you get ready to pre cool it before your next trip.

3. tzmartin

tzmartin Well-Known Member

I put a container of charcoal in the fridge when it's stored.

4. MNTCamper

MNTCamper Active Member

Clean it right away and leave the door open as noted. Mold needs moisture to grow.

5. Econ

Econ Active Member

Clean with vinegar and leave the door open to dry out. The low PH of the vinegar will kill mold.