Fridge won't light

Discussion in 'Refrigerators and Coolers' started by nfisherman, Aug 6, 2010.

1. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

I have a Dometic 3-way fridge in my PUP. The last couple of times out, it didn't seem to cool well when operating on propane. I cleaned the gas orfice with alcohol and blew it out with compressed air. Then I cleaned the stack. Now it doesn't work at all on propane. I set it to propane and it does nothing. The ignitor doesn't spark and the check light comes on after a few minutes. I have checked all of the fuses and the battery is charged. I also tried it with AC power connected and I got the same result. I may have knocked something loose when I cleaned the orfice, but I can't see anything out of place. I can take it to a shop if I need to, but I'd like to find the problem if I can. Does anyone have any thoughts about where to look first?

Thanks.

2. Twisty

Twisty New Member

Check for loose wires and make sure you have a good ground for the ignitor.

3. SkamperCampers

SkamperCampers New Member

I don't know anything about a "check light", but my ignitor doesn't work so I just use a match. It also is usually helpful to run the gas for the stove for a minute or two to get any air out of the lines. After this, my firg usually lights with little problem.

4. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

Never mind. I goofed. It was just air in the lines. I always open the stove burner for a while and I usually still have to try 3 or 4 times to get the gas all the way to the fridge. This time, it just took longer. I didn't see it light, but I turned the fridge on to the gas setting and by the time I got outside to look at the burner, it was lit. I even blew the flame out a couple of times and the ignitor instantly sparked and lit the flame again. It seems to be working fine.