Frie extinguisher recall

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
All mine came in. Just need to arrange for pickup on the recalled ones. All packed up, just haven't gotten around to calling FedEx. They won't take them at a regular FedEx collection point since they are pressurized, so you have to call for a pickup.

Ours came quite a while ago, and we sent the others back. A couple of weeks ago, another new one arrived - I'm waiting for a response from Kidde about it.

nhcaveman

Barrington, NH
Mar 25, 2009
New Hampshire
I got mine about 2 1/2 weeks after applying on line, brought the old ones into work and my office manager arranged for pickup. I said the small one from the popup didn't come from an RV because I didn't have my serial number to the camper handy, and they replaced it with a 4 lb. residential unit. And the the commercial one I have for the house was replaced with an updated version of the same model.

The fire extinguisher guy who services the one in my shop happened to come in last week and I asked a couple questions. And unless they've been used in which case you'd want it recharged right away, they should be recharged every six years. Just thought that was good to know since the two I had were both about nine years old.

mpking

Super Active Member
Jun 17, 2014
Raynham, MA
I called to, I started reading the quote off the paper, and the guy intruppted me "This is another Kiddie fire extinguisher, isn't it". I guess they've gotten a few phone calls..