Frog found in camper!!!!!

Discussion in 'Camping Around Wildlife' started by steppinthrax, Aug 27, 2014.

1. steppinthrax

steppinthrax Member

I don't know what category this belongs in...

Anyway I had may camper popped open for a few days (door was closed). i came to it in the night and found a small frog (american tree frog) sitting on top of the wedgewood stove. It's weird because I don't know how it could have came in. I also am a little worried that I might have water sitting someplace where tadpoles may be spawning out?

2. davekkk

davekkk Active Member

3. lmfishon505

lmfishon505 New Member

'spawning' he said spawning! [LOL] [LOL] [:D]

4. Byrd_Huntr

Byrd_Huntr Well-Known Member

Tree frogs have a remarkable ability to cling to things. He may have rode in on something you had sitting outside and then stowed later inside. A trash can or water jug,mat or canopy are examples. Firewood also holds a lot of spiders, bugs and worms, and they can hatch out and infest your camper if left inside.

5. lasttruck

lasttruck New Member

Our old puppy liked to be a mother to any creature, including tree frogs.

One time she carried one into the house and was found on the bed with a funny look in her eyes and her mouth held partially closed. Told to 'drop it', she let the small frog out, unharmed.

Dang, sure do miss that puppy.

6. skeetercampsintexas

skeetercampsintexas Active Member

I'm under the impression it takes more than one tree frog to procreate...call me crazy but I'm almost positive this is how things work with frogs [LOL]

OH MY GOODNESS I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!! DAMNED HORNY TOADS!!

7. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper

We had one in the house yesterday and it's a good thing the puppy wasn't around! [:)O] They may cling to the door and jump-in when you open it! [;)] I love frogs, turtles, and snakes (they're all pretty friendly around here!) [:)C]

8. Strut

Strut Member

This reminded me of a story I heard on NPR many years ago. I had to look it up and share. Well worth the few minutes it takes to listen through it, its hilarious!

The Dog Who Loved to Suck on Toads
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6376594

9. bropaul

bropaul New Member

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] My dad had one come into his home with a houseplant he had set outside for the summer. It stayed in the plant during the day but would come out at night ... dad almost stepped on it in the kitchen one night. Dad was a softy and didn't have the heart to put it outside since winter was approaching. He named it and fed it ground beef over the winter! Visitors were warned to watch their step so as not to harm his 'pet'. It survived the winter and was returned outside with it's houseplant home when the temps warmed in the spring. [:D]

Diane

10. Camp-N-Nuts

Camp-N-Nuts KrustyKamper