Front lift arms adjustments

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
I went to adjust my front lift arms..because they seem to raise too high. I chk'd the lift manual and went to chk the pullies in the front. BUT...both were in the hole nearest the frnt...which..Iam guessing is the lowest adjustment. The back two arms are fine. All manuals say about making them lift higher..not lower. The door frame top towards the front of the unit is not flush with the roof, because of this. HELP! [?:~{] [RTM] [2C]

campfreak

Super Active Member
Jan 13, 2011
I think you are going to need to adjust the cables in the whiffle tree box. I think those pulley adjustments are just for stretched cables. Pretty useless IMO.

smit1088

Super Active Member
Mar 15, 2011
Stillwater, MN
It is a very easy adjustment and while you are adjusting the cables at the wiffle tree it is easy to grease it.

You will be happy you adjusted at the wiffle tree once it is greased.

Last time I adjusted my height I cut the temporary wood supports (per the lift manual) for the top and it took about 20 minutes.

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
Thks guys..BUT..you are talking to someone with zero mechanical ability. A dealer wants 150.00 to make an adjustment and a lube job. At least....I know it will be done right..plus..I have no idea what maintanence was done by the previous owner.