Full Sewer Connection

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by BPeling, Jul 25, 2016.

1. BPeling

BPeling Brent / Paula / Ean / Luke = BPeling

Was looking around at mods for these, as this is my first camper and first pop up obviously. I hated having to drain via water hose on the connector for the shower and sink. So being myself I decided to do my first modification and install full plumbing to drain both the shower and the sink into a single output drain that is normal across the industry.

I can list full parts and directions if desired but would have to type them up and acquire everything.

None the less it gives the draining thru P-Trap for both locations into single output slide open 3 inch bayonnet.

Modifcation performed on 2001 Coleman Niagara Elite

Attached are photos.

3 Inch Bayonnet Out:
    [​IMG]

P-Trap out of Sink:
    [​IMG]

Turning Corner of Potable Tank:
    [​IMG]

Hard Turn on Camper to raise up over axle:
    [​IMG]

Straight Piping thru studs:
    [​IMG]

P-Trap for shower:
    [​IMG]

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

That's pretty slick. I like it. You'll just need a tote tank and you're all set.

Just be sure to close off any penetrations that mice can get into. I've had terrible trouble with mice. 1/4 galvanized wire mesh or stainless steel wool works great.

3. vinmaker

vinmaker Member

That looks awesome. It will be so convenient for you. Especially when you have a full sewer site hookup. If not, then just use a blue Baker tote. That is what I do as my pop up has a black water tank.

Vin.

4. theseus

theseus Living the Darkside... Silver Supporting Member

Very nice indeed!

5. BPeling

I do have a tow able 25 gallon tank for when we are at a site with no sewer hook up. True test will be this Monday on the system to verify I have no leaks. Thanks for the kind words, definitely was not an easy install.

6. TRR

TRR Active Member

Very nice! Most impressive.

7. world traveler

world traveler Active Member

8. BPeling

Well took the camper out this weekend to Petit Jean State Park in Arkansas and was able to test the system out.

1. Draining for Sink - Works great. Completely solved the issues of it not draining quick enough and backing up in the sink using the original system. Now it drains fast enough that even with both Hot and Cold water on, it never creates a puddle in the sink.

2. Draining for Shower - Works great. No leaks found during testing and use.

Once we pack up, we just tilt the camper towards the back, then lean it to the drain and it completely drains out.

Attached is photo of set up unit, and second photo shows drain line running to sewer connection at site. Looks great. Works great. Now to add the storage part of the hosing.

Attached Files:

9. mpking

mpking Well-Known Member

Got a shot of the sink interfacing with that PVC line? I'm trying to figure how you made the interior sink connection.

10. BPeling

I can get some. I used a generic sink drop down pipe to go up thru the floor in a new location. Then disconnected and cut it back to mount to and then secured in place from bottom. It will be a couple of weeks before I have the camper back out but will take photos from all connections to the very end so its a little more detailed.

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

Awesome. Mod SUCCESS!!

12. BPeling

Since the interest is here, I will create the information needed to perform the mod. I will acquire photos of missing parts and get a parts list typed up.

13. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

UMMMMM you leave swing down galley up? I do not see how that works unless you have to disconnect the pipe every time you have to swing down the galley and connect when you swing up the galley... SPUD happens if you forget to do that...

14. BPeling

No I do not have to disconnect anything. I am using the original flex hose that is in the camper from manufacturing and that ties into the new solid drain line thru the floor into the P-Trap. No issues at all during last trip and transport back.

15. Halford

Halford Well-Known Member

16. sierrapup

sierrapup Active Member

I like it, i like it a lot, was trying to figure out how to make the sink drain better. you would think that as long as pups have been around, this would not be a problem

17. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

Nice, I did a similar thing with mine this last winter, I'll add some pictures to the thread here in the morning.
    Biggest challenge I have is siphon on the sink line, I could just not get a good air admittece system.

18. Kb2yht

Kb2yht New Member

I like the p-traps on yours better, after about 4 attempts to get a standard p-trap on my shower I used 3/4 Hose fittings and a short length to make sort of trap.

Attached Files:

19. sassynsweet

sassynsweet New Member

I want to make my toilet so I can hook up instead of empty

20. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

Like the mod!! Great job!! I did happen to notice the tires in your pic and I think your next mod should be to replace your tires. Looks like some serious wear on the inside, possibly a bent axle or overweight trailer. just my 2 cents.