Fun Trip in the Stuart, Florida Area

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Canvas Cur, Oct 5, 2021.

1. Canvas Cur

Canvas Cur Member

After waiting all summer, we had reservations at an Army Corps lock campground on the St. Lucie River (canal) that goes to Lake Okeechobee. Small CG but well kept. A bit of a hike to the bathhouse but we did get our exercise while there LOL. We were right on the water surrounded by Class A's and LOONNG campers and 5th wheels, but we had fun in our mini-pup. Saw lots of fish jumping and a small gator cruising the water looking for an easy meal. At night it cooled down enough to sleep with the fan running inside. Went up the coast to see the State CG at Sebastian Inlet. Very nice, but we heard that the no-see-ums are bad there. Also went to the Elliot Museum in Stuart, a must-see if you are in the area. If you can get in this CG (or other ACE CG's) they are clean and well kept. And, they are a bargain if you are a senior (was only 15 per night with water and electric). The pic of the rocky shore was taken at the last remaining lifesaving house. The shoreline there is the visible part of the reef system.
    20210927_170204.jpg 20210927_174207.jpg 20210928_130705.jpg

2. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

Nice. My folks and grandma used to live in PSL. We would fly out and stay for a couple days, knock around the beaches on the island. Glad you had a good trip. We never camped though while we were out there - the humidity was always too much for me.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Nice, i have been trying to book down there to go see my dad. But never xan get the time i need. One day.

Clemens likes this.
  4. Clemens

Clemens Member

About an hour from me... hmm.. yup, the next few weeks.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  5. Pommom70

Pommom70 Member

We go to the area for part of the winter, no camping though. It’s very nice there the campground looks interesting.

Sjm9911 likes this.