Funny questions today

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by highside pup, Jul 8, 2013.

1. highside pup

highside pup Active Member

So I posted my highwall for sale on Craigslist today as I bought a TrailManor recently.
    First response was would I accept payments monthly? $100 per month. Asking $6500
    Ya right! 65 months of the checks in the mail.

Second response different person, was can the toilet be removed, no interest in a cassette no need.

Then why not look at a different model?

Third customer, asked so you are asking $6500 will you take........$3000?

Is it me or do some people not read/ think?

PM me if you have interest and any real questions !

2. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL] [LOL] Keep at it Skip, you will get a serious one sooner than later. If you are at the right pricepoint, which you obviously are close since you are getting callers, it will be gone sooner than later.

3. ewb

ewb New Member

welcome to CL! Wait till they show up and say they only have this much money (that if they show)...My personal favorite was when I was selling my boat and a guy called and ask if I would take anything in trade. I reluctantly said "well, maybe what do you have" he said and I quote. "I have a boat that I could trade"

I just said "yeah, I already got one of them"

My other funny one is when when you reply to someones "I am interested" email or call and they ask you to send them the ad....Really? Sure and that will add another $100 to the price.

4. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Just goes to prove how STUPID the general population is....
    listed a BASKET CASE Harley on CL....85% of the response asked if it was drivable??????

5. highside pup

Probably thought your basket case was a shopping cart.

Just got an intelligent question about weight, so not all are not thinking :)

6. NJGuy

NJGuy Active Member

I tried to sell my PUP on CL also. Everyone thinks they are Pawn Stars or American Pickers these days.

7. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

you found part or the other 15%....we sold our P'up on CL to a nice couple, and looks like we made friends not just a sale...
    They even joined in here....

8. CommaHolly

CommaHolly New Member

If it makes you feel any better,,,,,it works the other way too,,,,,,

we bought our HTT on Craigslist, and we saw quite a few before we bought,,,,,,

some phrases came to mind,,,,,,,,,

turn key,,,,,,snort, not in their wildest dreams

Everything works,,,,,,,,,everything except the fridge, AC, one of the bunks, the toilet and the shower,,,,,,

Ice Cold AC,,,,,,,,,,if you consider ice to be about 55 degrees,,,,,,yep, it's ice cold

barely used,,,,,,,,,,,,,well,,,,,,,that one might be true,,,,,,,if they opened it up and stuck it in their back yard for 2 years and left it to the elements,,,,,,,,,,it might be barely used,,,,,,,,,

9. pasnowlady

pasnowlady Member

We bought our pup on CL. I called and asked what I thought were basic questions and went to see it. Poked around inside and out checking it out, the man gave me all the time I wanted and did not rush me. He answered all my questions honestly. They moved up to a bigger TT because their family outgrew the pup. We got a great deal and an awesome pup. It was a fantastic experience. This is our 3rd summer with it. I haven't done many mods, because I found what I was looking for. And waited patiently till I did. Walked away from others because they weren't what I wanted.

10. bondo54

bondo54 Active Member

Wait till you get a reply saying I’m interested but because of a job transfer I cannot come and look at them. If I send you a certified check and after it clears I’ll have my movers come pick them up. This was my reply to him just send the cash with the movers. All I got was the same reply of moving back from him every time I replied. He was trying to scam me out of $80 for 3 used tires. I did sell them to someone at work.

11. highside pup

Mine is perfect and I'm in no hurry, I have free indoor storage so even in the fall I won't panic. Always next spring :)

Someone will appreciate it sooner or later

12. mcbrew

mcbrew Member

I like the replies that go, "I am very interested in the item you have for sale."

Yeah? What item would that be?

For those selling on CL, be careful how honest you are. I had very limited interest when I posted my 30 year old camper as being "not perfect." Lots of questions on what that meant. I took that wording out and had a much better response.

Also, I'm the kind of guy who likes to be fair about who's offer I accept. CL has killed this for me. First one with the cash takes it home. Otherwise, the guy you hold it for never shows up and the guy who had the cash is off finding something else to spend it on. The Internet/slacker mentality has ruined it for those of use who want to do the right thing.

13. jdy2

jdy2 Member

I bought my pop up through Craig's List after A LOT of looking.

What I would share with the rv sellers out there ...

You don't need to post a picture of the toilet. Especially if it's not immaculately clean. If you MUST post a picture of the toilet don't make it the first or only picture you post. I'm not kidding ... there are a lot of listings like this. :)

14. CommaHolly

CommaHolly New Member

oh this is so true!!!!!!!

and DON'T post a pic of the toilet,,,,,,,,,but not the kitchen. I mean really.

15. highside pup

Interesting, I have pics of both, both are immaculate , maybe I'll consider removing the pic of the cassette !

Doesn't explain the dumb questions ....

16. CommaHolly

CommaHolly New Member

in my opinion,,,,,,,,,,,that and a buck will buy you a cup of coffee,,,,,,,,

if both are clean, you're good :)

17. flash82

flash82 Member

What part of Ohio ?

18. highside pup

Youngstown ohio Craigslist 2004 Fleetwood Redwood series with everything.

19. flash82

flash82 Member

Was asking for neighbor. Unfortunately it would be to far to drive. Looks great though.

20. MIPeaceDudeCamper

MIPeaceDudeCamper New Member

Very nice camper, it will sell eventually.