Furnace Not Turning On it Blowing

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by Sal Long, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Sal Long

Sal Long New Member

Thanks but these didn't match. Mine looks like a white pill sticking up from the bottom cabinet. I also had a thought. Could I just bypass it and connect the 2 input wires? At least to rule out the kill switch as the issue causing the heater to shut down after 10 seconds?

2. rabird

rabird Howdy!

Sjm9911 likes this.
  3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

By-pass the switch for now/ for testing purposes. Make sure your propane is on, full and purged of air. Turn the thermostat on and temp up. The fan should come on and in a few seconds you should hear the ignitor....

Sjm9911 likes this.
  4. CindyDelV

CindyDelV New Member

I know it's a long shot, but we had this issue and it ended up being a hornet's nest inside the unit. After clearing it out, we put a screen over the outside vent and haven't had an issue since.

5. Nancy Deak

Nancy Deak New Member

We bought a 2002 Coleman Fleetwood Utah two years ago. The previous owner said she couldn’t ever get the heater/furnace to work and see an electric heater, which she included it’s the pup. It worked great, but my husband spent some time trying to get the furnace to work, without success. One morning I got up first and was freezing. I plugged in the heater and it worked fine until the dog knocked it over, then the auto shut off kicked in and I was still cold. I tried the furnace again. It was difficult to read the thermostat due to its proximity to the floor, but there was an arrow indicating which direction to adjust the thermostat, which had never worked. On a whim, I then adjusted it in the opposite direction. Low and behold, the furnace came on and has worked ever since. I never question the info provided since the former owner had had the trailer for a long time and took many trips with it.

6. David Joy

David Joy New Member

Yes, I know on mine there is a safety shut off under the sink if it is not in the up position it will not work. (No power will get to the furnace)

7. IndyRick

IndyRick Active Member

When you get power to the furnace again, and the blower starts for its 10 sec, it's important to listen for the ignitor sparking. If it doesn't spark, then your sail switch (NOT misspelled) is fouled. If it is sparking, then that presents a problem I haven't faced, yet.