GA- Chattahoochie Bend State Park

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by papachaz, Jul 9, 2011.

1. papachaz

papachaz New Member

anyone go for their grand opening last weekend? considering a visit there later this month for DW's birthday, any details would be great. I've looked at the online info, maps and such. looks like it would be nice, most of our GA State Parks are great places to camp, we've been to several through the years.

Thinking we might head out there or maybe to Ft Mountain State Park at Chatsworth...any info on either would be greatly appreciated

2. Tolleykatz

Tolleykatz New Member

I know you posted this last year....but how was the new park?

Sara

3. papachaz

papachaz New Member

Hey again Sara [:D] i did a write up on it, here's the link to that page: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?topic=55085.msg447149#msg447149

i usually try to do a write up anytime we go someplace new, and since this one is only now a year old, i wanted to be sure to let people know what i thought it. we love the state parks, for the most part they are clean and pretty well maintained. being in McDonough, you're not far from this one, or panola mountain. just south of you are Indian Springs, and High Falls. You can go north on I-75 and be at red top mountain in under an hour, or I-85 and you're not far from Ft Yargo, Watson Mill Bridge, or Victoria Bryant....you should really go here: http://www.gastateparks.org/parks/ and check them out! you will be happy you did.

i also remember reading you like to utilize the recreation.gov sites, there are TONS of those around Lake Allatoona, just off I-75 north from you!