GA High Falls State Park

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by dgarbers, Mar 9, 2009.

1. The McCampers

The McCampers New Member

There are two campground areas at High Falls SP. The lakeside camping area is smaller and several of the lakeside sites were recently converted into yurts. There are still some nice, secluded sites at lakeside. (Lakeside is our preference when we camp there.) The riverside camping area is much larger.

2. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

I'll have to agree that the est sites are along the river. They kids love being close to the river and there is privacy on that one side, at least.

We haven't tried the lakeside campsite yet, but saw the area and decided that it would be fun in a tent. Do they allow PUPs at lakeside?

3. The McCampers

The McCampers New Member

Yes, lakeside is perfect for pups. Our favorite sites are 111 or 112. Last time we were there we used 109.

4. papachaz

papachaz New Member

we've been to high falls twice, only because when we got ready to go the second time, we'd forgotten how bad we hated it the first time. never ever again will i waste a camping weekend going back there. the loud noisy locals who use the land across the river with their all night parties (both times we went), loud barking dogs, and the fact that since it's not part of the park, they can't do anything other than call the police, and are hesitant to do so, ruined that place for us

5. shaw988

shaw988 New Member

Thanks for the heads up on this park. My wife and I looked at this one as a possibility. Don't need the noise.

6. papachaz

papachaz New Member

just a few miles farther over is Indian Springs SP. we've not stayed there, but rode through and it is very nice. and same area.

7. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

We never noticed the noise. We camped Friday night, Saturday night and left Sunday.