GA Unicoi State Park - Buddy sites

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by snyderbd, Apr 12, 2011.

1. snyderbd

snyderbd First Popup. First RV. HAVING A BLAST with it!

Does anybody have pictures of the buddy sites at Unicoi State park they'd like to share? We are trying to decide if we should reserve one of those or just get two regular sites and hope we get two close to each other. We'll have a pop-up with kitchen slide-out and a pull-behind trailer. Not sure if that has a slideout. Are the campers parked side-by-side or end-to-end? Thanks!

snyderbd's DW - highjacking his login :)

2. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

I do not have any pics but know that you cannot reserve specific sites in GA SP. How many buddy sites do they have? GA SP let you reserve a space then it is what available when you arrive correct?

3. snyderbd

No, you can't reserve a specific site, but you can reserve a buddy site vs. a regular site when you make a reservation. I don't know how many they have, but they have at least one in each loop according to the website. Maybe I should just give them a call tomorrow.

4. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

I did not know that you could reserve buddy sites...please post on here what you find out after calling them tomorrow. When we have talke with CG hosts they have always told us is was first-come-first-serve on the double sites.

5. snyderbd

I just called the park and was told that if I reserve a buddy site online, I would be guaranteed a buddy site when I arrived. He said he thinks they have 6 to 8 buddy sites, but he couldn't say for sure because the computers were down. He was hestitant to say we would both fit with our pop-up having a slideout, but I think we'll probably try it and see. I guess they are basically two sites next to each other that meet in the middle. Great way to sell those sites that aren't as private as others! We are thinking about going Easter weekend, so I'll be sure an update when we get back.

6. jms336

jms336 We are there yet!

We have stayed on the double buddy sites every fall for the last 4 years. We are a group of 10-12, with a pup, 3 cars and a tent. We fit pretty comfortably on the double buddy sites. They vary in size but will definitely hold a pup and small TT side by side. There are 2 sets of water and electric hookups (1 will be on the wrong side, so bring extra hose and cord if you will be hooking up).

7. snyderbd

I totally forgot to take pictures, but we were in site 2, the only buddy site left when we got there at 4. Our pop-up with kitchen slide and their travel trailer with about a foot slide out, fit just fine. We had about 4 feet in between. It would have been nice to be able to have our doors facing each other, but it worked out okay.

It was a beautiful weekend! There are a couple gorgeous 2 to 3 mile hikes just right for the kids, beach area at the lake, great fishing dock and very close to beautiful anna ruby falls. We'll definitely camp Unicoi again.