Galley removal

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by cssweeney, Sep 12, 2012.

1. hometownhiker

hometownhiker Active Member

It's the first thing that we did when we bought our pup. We've never regretted it and love the extra space.

2. The Manchacan

The Manchacan New Member

OK, you can't just say you did it and not post photos. Unwritten rule on internet forums is "pics or it didn't happen." :) I'm thinking of doing this and would like to see some of the outcomes.

3. volkster

volkster Member

I was organizing a little bit today, and I opened up the dinette bench that we can't fit much in... Why do I have that water tank in there? I removed the sink last year!

So now I have even more storage.

4. cssweeney

cssweeney Member

Ok. so while I am camping this weekend, I will take some pics and post them. Still have some work to do, but you will get the idea [;)]

5. Rustyk

Rustyk New Member

We got rid of the 10 gal water tank years ago and this year we took out the galley as well. The extra room when the pup is set up is great and the extra room we have when we pack it up is even better.

6. chinolofus

chinolofus New Member

The first thing I did was take out the water tank. Once I figure out what to do about new counter tops then the sink will be gone too.

7. Briorick

Briorick Member

We took our galley sink out after the 1st year we had our other pup. We didn't have an onboard water tank and we never did use the sink, felt it was useless, so it went into storage for the next 7 years. No more flipping up and down. What a PITA it was. We not only gained more floor storage when breaking camp but we utilized the counter top for a mini fridge to sit on when open. Then we sold the pup this past year and put the galley back in and off it went to the new owner.

On the flip side, our new pup has an onboard tank and we do use this one. Wasn't sure at first if we were going to keep the galley in the p'up, but now we're finding it does come in handy, so it's staying. And when flipped down, it serves as storage too.

The fact that we no longer have to transport a mini fridge and heaters has freed up the floor so now we more room for other stuff. [;)] Oh well, C'est La Vie!

8. heathdavis

heathdavis New Member

Did you take the pics this weekend ? We want pics! :)