Garage Sale- Camping Wish List

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by Laney A, May 3, 2017.

1. Laney A

Laney A My crew: Me, hubby and our 3 K9's.

Do you have a camping items wish list? If so- what camping items are you looking for?
    We drove south to hit some garage sales today and found a few things on our wish list. We purchased a Coleman LED Lantern with battery included, a Vintage Coleman Polylite jug, 6 gallon Rubbermaid jug and some universal towing mirrors.

2. infernisdiem

infernisdiem Member

my wish list is about a mile long lol, but some things are globes for my lanterns, coleman white gas to propane adapter, 2 sleeping bags for my boys, LED lights for the door area of the camper, light weigh fire pit...

3. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

My wish list is also long,and in my area no one would have camping equipment to sell at a yard sale or the like. However it is worth a look see. Im looking for an awning, outdoor carpet, cheap kids sleeping bag for a dog bed etc.

4. CamperChrissy

CamperChrissy Well-Known Member

I also have a wishlist! Foam mattress topper, 2 XL sleeping bags, pop up gizmos, quick dry towels, electric skillet... and on and on.

@jmkay1 I recently got a 9x12 patio mat at my local Menards. Not sure if you have that store by you. Was $40 but got it during their 11% rebate sale, so ended up about $36. They had several nice patterns to choose.

5. JAlbers

JAlbers New Member

Probably like most folks on the portal, we are always on the lookout for upgrades to what we already have or that make our camping trips more fun/enjoyable. One thing on top of that list would be more or better quality cast iron cookware. We have two 12" skillets, one of them is much nicer than the other one. The old stuff is much better quality. The new ones just have too rough of a finish. I have my eye on some Griswold skillets that a family member has...just have to convince her to part with them.

In general i'm always on the lookout for a good deal on camping supplies or tools.

6. tls2971

tls2971 Active Member

How far away from Whitesburg, KY are you? I will be down there this weekend and I'll give you a kid's sleeping bag for your dog bed. [:D]

7. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

With us taking delivery of our NTU 2012 Clipper we aren't missing much that we didn't have in the '93 Coleman, however I'd still like to get solar panels for it for when we go boondocking.

8. pasobuff

pasobuff Active Member

What size mattress topper (and what is your budget)? We may have one or two foam ones I can cram into a box and ship out..... :)

9. kstephens

kstephens Member

I'm going to reluctantly buy a new battery. Tried to go cheap with an off-brand two years ago, and it already is performing like a ten year old battery.

Always on the look out for cast iron at garage sales.
    Rocker camping chair (from other thread)
    a battery meter w/USB outlet
    Continue to research, and maybe bite the bullet on getting a solar set up.

10. Laney A

Laney A My crew: Me, hubby and our 3 K9's.

I love cast iron! My husband picked up a nice Lodge Dutch Oven last fall at a garage sale and we have a few skillets too. We use them at home as well as camping.

11. jbirdt2001@yahoo.com

jbirdt2001@yahoo.com Active Member

JAlbers search Kent Rollings www.kentrollins.com he is a CI cooking instructor. There is a part of his site that will show you how to make your new cast iron as good as an old one.

12. JAlbers

JAlbers New Member

Thanks, I will have to check it out.