gas stove

Discussion in 'Camper Restoration Projects' started by Jx3, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Jx3

Jx3 New Member

hello all .
    we had a good few days and our camper modifications worked out great but we encountered a problem with our stove.
    Until this trip we have been using our old Coleman (white gas) camp stove. This time we decided to try the stove that came with the camper.
    It seemed quite straight forward but the stove is Not working, it has a low pressure 1/2 psi regulator built-in with a quick connect fitting.
    There is no regulator at the tank, do I need one? Should I replace the low pressure regulator? Is there something I am missing? I searched the forums but no clear answers for this situation.

thanks in advance
    j

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

I had the same camper. It had a regulator on the tank and just a quick connect at the hoses. Did you check both the inside and the outside hoses to see if either worked?

3. Jx3

Jx3 New Member

howdy and thanx for the response.
    During the remodel I removed 2 inside gas hoses (fridge and stove) and capped the lines, I left the stove outside quick connect hose as is. I have pressure to the stove but no joy at lighting it, no flow.
    Ok so there is a regulator at the tank? was that a standard regulator or was it a low pressure regulator? Is there supposed to be a quick connect at the tank?
    Another question? The standard pressure in a 20lb tank is about 150psi yet the quick connect hoses on the trailer are marked max pressure 1psi?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  4. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

It looked like a standard regulator. There was no quick connect at the tank, just the nut with left handed threads.

Edit: I just pulled the owners manual for your camper from the resources area. It says the gas pressure is reduced to 11" water column, which I believe is standard for RVs.

5. Jx3

Jx3 New Member

I guess I need a regulator at the tank. Yes I saw the 11wc mentioned in the manual but first I had to look up what a water column was haha!
    I will post back with the results when I find a regulator.
    good info thanks

update: I purchased a regulator and now we have an operational stove.
    "eoleson1" thanx

neighbormike likes this.