Gatlinburg

Discussion in 'Campground / Trip Planning & Suggestions ?' started by Keithsbabe, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Keithsbabe

Keithsbabe New Member

In July we camped at Great Smoky Jellystone, about 20 minutes outside Gatlinburg. We plan to return to Gatlinburg in May, and we are wondering if there is a campground that

A) is a little closer to town/ the park entrance (our son want to hike & play mini golf!)
    B) has paved roads for bike riding (said son fell twice and split open both hands on the gravel roads at GSJ)
    C) avoids Pigeon Forge, as that place gives me hives [LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

We aren't opposed to the same campground - there were many things to love. But I thought I'd see if anyone had any great experiences.

Thanks!!!

2. JeffR

JeffR Member

Hi Keithsbabe,

We stayed for 4 nights June '14 at Camp LeConte just outside Gatlinburg on 321. It is newly renovated and run by a young couple. It is family oriented with a pool, ping pong, corn toss, and weekly crafts for the kids.
    The loop was gravel but everything was well maintained and clean. There is a trolley stop in front of the camp store so you don't have to drive into Gatlinburg and pay to park. Check their site campleconte.com.

Jeff