Gearing up for the first real road trip!!!

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by 911Boulder, Jun 23, 2020.

1. 911Boulder

911Boulder Member

Just booked a long weekend at Holiday Trav-L Park in Virginia Beach VA for the beginning of August... The family and I are beyond excited to get out little pop-up out-n-about... This will be the first actually road trip for it since I've owned it (other than a couple few-mile trips around my immediate area) Looking forward to hitting the open road and getting to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel... Haven't been across that in 5 or so years...

craiglepaige, Sjm9911 and eoleson1 like this.
  2. SHFL

SHFL Active Member

Our first long trip was to Virginia Beach in 2015, and we had a great time! We stayed at First Landing.
    I know you will enjoy your trip.

911Boulder likes this.
  3. 911Boulder

911Boulder Member

Getting everything buttoned up for the trip...
    - New Power Tongue Jack installed
    - All gas appliances (Cook Tops, Oven, Outdoor Coop Tops) all check and working
    - Interior and Exterior Cleaned
    - Tires Checked
    - Axle Bearings Greased
    - Everything except clothes and refrigerated/Frozen items packed

Gonna be leaving at around midnight Wednesday night/Thursday morning. That was the kids can just sleep the majority of the trip... lol I'm excited to cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel again... I always loved that when I was a kid...

Sjm9911 and Kyle R Thorson like this.
  4. bobinfleet

bobinfleet Well-Known Member

Happy camping , hope you have a great time

5. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Just remember that the bay bridge wanta you to turn off your propane if crossing. They should have a spot to pull over before you get on it. Also, they limit towing at certain wind speeds. So check the weather and the hurricane thats moving up the coast to see if it effects you time frame. After that have fun! I avoided it when going to disney, but i remember the same as you from when i was a kid. I so wanted to go on it again. Another day for me.

Steveo4090 and 911Boulder like this.
  6. JunieB

JunieB Active Member

Glad to hear you checked the tires. Remember most PUP tires are not designed to go 70-75mph. 65 is usually the limit. Better to get there safe, than fast.