George Washington campground - RI

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by Team G, May 12, 2010.

1. Team G

Team G New Member

Hi - Looking for some feedback on George Washington campground in RI. I confirmed that they do now have showers and bathrooms (apparently they didn't in the past?). In general, have you had good experiences , bad experiences? Any info is much appreciated!!

2. suprz

suprz may you never doubt yourself....

I have camped there and it is nice and somewhat quiet (depending on the time of the year and the weekend of course [;)] ) just dont believe the descriptions of the sites that say "water view" you MIGHT see the water, if you look through the trees.... but it is a nice place, and there was a pizza place right down the road that used to deliver to the campground last time i camped there. The lake is nice and big, and there is an island in the middle of it, that is worth the paddle out there and cool to explore. The beach is kind of small, there is a nice hiking trail that goes 3/4 of the way around the lake, and the fishing is pretty good too. Last time i was there, was to visit a friend who was camping there and they were doing alot of construction and improvements. ( i guess the bathrooms and showers)

3. Team G

Team G New Member

Thanks suprz - this is helpful, especially the part about seeing the water. We "supposedly" have water front sites, but who knows what that means. We're going with our pup but my parents have a travel trailer and are a little concerned about the lack of a view amenities like dump station and no garbage pickup(?) - the dump station isn't an issue for us but is for them. Good to hear that it's quiet.

4. Team G

Team G New Member

Turns out I was misinformed - they still only have pit toilets and no showers. Sorry for spreading any rumors that it's improved!

5. NHDalton

NHDalton I camp, therefore I am

DW and I were in RI this weekend and driving by, I saw this place and decided to do a quick drive through to get an idea on it. They have no showers and port-a-toilets. The sites themselves were "okay." It seemed like some had privacy and others did not.