Georgia - Fall Rally! Lake Allatoona Sept 7 - 9, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by papachaz, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mariettamodern

mariettamodern New Member

We camped @ McKinney this weekend. It was so much fun. The lake water is a great temp for swimming.

We went for a walk and scouted our loop for the rally. It's perfect! There is a nice flat paved loop for the kids to ride bikes and stay out of traffice from any moving cars.
    I guess for the potluck it's BYOC (bring your own chair) and we can set-up in the loop.

Looking forward to it. [:D]

2. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Glad you had a wonderful time. We were told we're in "the party loop." Party on!

3. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

Is everyone ready for a weekend of fun coming up????
    Are we packed? Do we have propane tanks full, clothes packed, food list filled out? If not, you have a little over a week to get ready! Let's go folks!

4. mtnkube

mtnkube Member

We are still waiting for you to come pack for us jim. :)

5. Fire Captain Jim

Dang, I knew I forgot something!!!!!!!

6. camp dad

camp dad New Member

Na, I usually wait until the last minute and then use your phrase

7. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

9 MORE DAYS!

8. papachaz

papachaz New Member

i'm beginning to wonder if I need to cancel out. I like all y'all, and do NOT wanna make anyone sick.....stupid new strain of flu don't even have a name yet [:(] [:(]

9. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Don't you think you will be over it in 9 MORE DAYS? Sure hope so, Papa Chaz. The flu is awful, especially if you can't call it a name!

10. Fire Captain Jim

Lets call it Chazie flu! [}:)] Papa, I personally want you better and to be there! So get well soon! Ah yes, 9 more days until a weekend of family fun with great fellowship of great campers and some great food!

11. camp dad

camp dad New Member

Papa, are you sure its the flu or is it built up excitement for the upcoming rally. I personally think its the excitement. If it is the flu [:(O],I hope you get to feeling better soon.

12. papachaz

papachaz New Member

well went to the ER last night, that's what they said. Had to go BACK to the ER tonight, I know look like I have the measles. apparently I'm allergic to doxycyline....so if the tick bite tests come back positive, that's gonna be a problem. I just don't want to risk making anyone else sick Judy, usually a flu thing for me is a week to ten days.... [:(]

I will get the shirts over there though if we have to cancel out.....

still waiting for the last 2 or 3 checks......

13. Fire Captain Jim

Well I just learned that me and the DW can't come till early Friday morning due to DD work schedule is messing us up for Thursday evening. DD is keeping both grandkids for us that weekend. One of our last weekend get aways for me and the darling wife. So, planning to be arriving early Friday.
    Papa, gosh, you keep going to E.R. and you won't be able to afford to camp!
    Okay two or three folks, you wanted some t-shirts for the rally, lets be good campers and send papachaz some money, he needs it more now than ever due to these trips to the E.R.! [LOL] [LOL]

14. papachaz

papachaz New Member

well FCJ, the camping is already paid for, [:D] the hospital is just gonna have to wait for their money, I mean good grief, I KNOW my priorities! [LOL] [LOL]

seriously, got one of the checks today, one more bigger order and I can cover the smaller ones. Also, since MZMGT cancelled, I will have 2 extra shirts, an XL and a L if anyone want's an extra or didn't get one ordered.

so since i'm allergic to the doxy, I'm sitting here hoping it turns out to be flu, the next treatment options for the tick borne diseases are NOT good.

but I will make sure before I come over that I won't make anyone else sick, and i'll make sure to get the shirts there

15. mwownbey

mwownbey New Member

It is sad to say that you hope it is the flu but I agree with you.. that sounds like the lesser of the two evils!!! Hoping and praying for a quick recovery!!! Looking forward to meeting you at the rally and would hate to miss the opportunity!!! Drink your fluids and take your meds like a good little camper!!!!

16. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

[size=36pt]9 MORE DAYS !!!

17. papachaz

papachaz New Member

thanks Melissa!

actually they told me to stop taking the meds because of the allergy, which is why I'm soooo hoping this turns out to be flu and not one of the tick things!

18. FW Arcadia

FW Arcadia Member

Just PM'd you as will but wanted to say, we're thinking of your quick recovery and hope your are able to come to the Rally. Don't worry about the T-Shirts, I'll cover them for you when I see you or worst case, still have your address so go ahead and drop them off and we'll see if someone can use them.

19. missnanc

missnanc Give me the fresh outdoors!

Get Well, Papa. Ya'll gotta be there for the meet n greet! :)

20. mtnkube

mtnkube Member

OK guys and gals, I have a vinyl sign made up for the rally if anyone is interested. I had it made to put on the item i am making for a door prize. If anyone would like one they are $8 each. to keep it simple call the company direct and place your oder and pay and i will pick them up and bring them with me. You will need to give them the info Pop up rally and John Kuberek. Deadline for ordering is Noon Sept 4th. They are roughly 6" x 9". If you order one please make sure to ask them to put your name with it so i will know who it belongs to.

SIGNS FAST 828-389-6041

[​IMG]

John & Amy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.