Georgia - Fall Rally! Lake Allatoona Sept 7 - 9, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by papachaz, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surgipat

surgipat New Member

Yes, Capt Jim, we live East of the hospital. The tornado tore some of our shingles off. Many trees down around our house. Couldn't get in or out of our drive or down our street for days. Power out for weeks. But we were pretty much spared. To get to the hospital from my house, I have to drive through some of the most devastated areas. The tornado cut a huge swath between our house and the University. (Alberta and Holt communities)
    Hope Papachaz is feeling better and able to make it to the Rally!

2. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Just in case and, hopefully, a deterrent for any rain on our Rally, we are bringing two tarps. If we need to raise them in a central gathering space, we'll just need some rope or bungees with appropriately spaced trees! [:D] (I do carry a few extra tent poles too.)

While camping, 8 times of out 10, we have had rain, bad winds, extreme drops in temps, but we are not deterred! Apparently, DH and I should have worked for the postal service -- neither wind nor rain, etc. [{}=]

We are experienced in quick put up and take down in the rain wearing bright yellow Mickey Mouse ponchos (you can't miss us - but that DisneyWorld trip is another story!!) and we are not surprised when we're done to see the sun [SUN] shining through. [LOL]

So, like Fire Captain Jim said, Rain or Shine, we're going to have a great time!

3. Ladyhawke

Ladyhawke New Member

I have a Hobie Revolution and my dh has a Hobie Outback that we will be bringing with us. We got a Thule sport rack for our truck specifically so we could take the kayaks with us camping. :)

4. Joeman

Joeman New Member

camping in the Smoky Mountains is great this weekend, but the trek to Mt LeConte may have been a bit much. Lol. We can't wait for next weekend and make new camping friend. Oh yeah and I just found someone to cover my shift at the firestation on Sept 9th. That was to close for comfort.

5. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

^^ [:D] Have a great time in the Smokies. Man, it's hot here! See everyone soon!

6. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

[move]6 MORE DAYS !!!

7. mtnkube

mtnkube Member

OK just picked up our family sign from the wood shop today and it is awesome. Will be unveiling it at the rally. :)

8. Joeman

Joeman New Member

Wow!!! We picked up our family sign today too.

9. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Can't wait to see everyone's family signs.

10. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

Wow...we have no family sign so guess we will be odd man out I guess. [LOL]

Just have not found the right design...

11. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Yes, Mike, but you and Dolores have those nice flower pots and remote control lights!!

12. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

[LOL] [LOL] [LOL]

13. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

I have made some nice Georgia bulldog paint buckets with cement that I will post soon! Mine has to pvc pipes because I like to fly wind flags and I mount the poles for the wind flags right beside my out side awning poles. They are painted red and black to make them easy to see. Anybody heard from Papachaz? Joeman, glad your off from work to join us!

14. papachaz

papachaz New Member

I'm BAAAACCCKKKKKKKK..........stupid AT&T internet.....the tech was here today almost 4 hours, and he spent almost an hour of that on hold with TECH SUPPORT!!!!! if I'm the only one that finds that funny....well, then I obviously need to share the meds HAHAHAHA

I AM feeling better. Still no idea what I had/have. no test results from the hospital yet. Jill hasn't shown any sign of coming down with anything, so I am not thinking it's anything I can give away [:O]

Welcome aboard Ladyhawke! sorry I'm so late welcoming you aboard, between both me and my internet being sick, I'm way behind.

I'm bringing 2 6' folding tables we can use for the welcome tent and then the potluck. we were kind of hurting on table space back in June.

Jimmy, where did you get those GA buckets? I want a couple for my tiki torches. I want to cement some PVC in the center and use them to slide the torches into.

ok, it's 1:04 Sunday morning, so counting today, 5 days until some of us start arriving! I plan on getting there early Thursday. For any of the ladies who said they might need help backing in or..... I'm on 125, and glad to help!
    If anyone needs my cell number, shoot me a pm.

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING EVERYONE NEXT WEEKEND! and thanks for all the thoughts and prayers, I'm NOT kidding this week has been scary

15. camp dad

camp dad New Member

@ Papa - great to hear you are feeling better!! I am getting excited and DS thinks this everybody is going camping for us for his birthday. I've told him that its really not for his birthday but he keeps saying "But it is MY birthday". See you guys mid morning on Friday.

16. papachaz

papachaz New Member

tell him now that he's made it public, there will be plenty of ops for birthday spankings...... [:O]

17. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

[move]5 MORE DAYS !!!

18. BrookesGigi

BrookesGigi New Member

Gotta add clothes and food and we're ready to roll!

Well, I have to make a list, go shopping, do laundry, pack.... :)

We are looking forward to it. We rode over Friday evening to check out the campground and see what our sites look like. Time to start prepping!

19. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

What do you think Papa? I got the Georgia stickers at Kroger, couldn't find but one set. The rest of the supplies including the 40 lbs. of cement come from Lowes! I sprayed the bottom of the cans with undercoating to keep the rocks from scuffing and rusting the cans.

Attached Files:

• cans.jpg
      cans.jpg
      File size:
      115.7 KB
      Views:
  20. surgipat

surgipat New Member

Very nice. Now, if there was a letter A and a large Elephant, those buckets would be perfect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.