Georgia - Fall Rally! Lake Allatoona Sept 7 - 9, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by papachaz, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

Well Pat, just copy my idea and put a "A" with a elephant on there! I'm sure that we might even see a few ga.tech fans show up with there creation as well! [LOL]

2. mwownbey

mwownbey New Member

Micbur,

I don't have a family sign, nice buckets to put any torches/flags in or anything of that sort so don't feel like you will be the only one. Looks like we need to get on the ball!!!!! I am looking forward to lots of ideas for projects this coming weekend!!! I think I have been deprived in the accessory department!!!

3. mtnkube

mtnkube Member

Dont worry Melinda, your gonna have plenty of things to check out and get ideas from while your there :)

4. Fire Captain Jim

I second that mtnkube! Count on a grreat weekend of fun, relaxtion, good food, good friendships being made! Along with wonderful ideas to make modificarions with! Bring your cameras!

5. camp dad

camp dad New Member

We don't have a family sign either, but don't worry I'm not bashfull at all [:D]

6. surgipat

surgipat New Member

It's been raining so heavy here in West Alabama, we're going to have to rent a tractor to pull our PUP out of the backyard. [:(]

So excited about the Rally! See some of you Thursday, and the rest of you Friday!!! [:D]

7. Fire Captain Jim

Pat, send that heavy rain to my house! Last few days everyone else has been getting rain but me! Only sprinkles here at my house. Getting real dry at my house.. I noticed my hemlock in the front yard is changing colors-to a yellow. [:(]

8. surgipat

surgipat New Member

I keep hearing and reading that some parts of the country are suffering severe drought. I wish I could send y'all some of the rains we've gotten in Tuscaloosa. I'll pack you a couple of buckets, Jim, and give them to you at the Rally! :)

9. surgipat

surgipat New Member

I just hope we don't bring our usual rain clouds with us to the Rally! Or maybe they could follow us up, slowly, a couple days behind us, and you could have our rain the rest of the week. [:D]

10. papachaz

papachaz New Member

good luck getting out! don't get stuck now, but, I have a 4X4 truck, do I need to come pull you out???? :)

11. mariettamodern

mariettamodern New Member

I picked up my rally decals today. Thank you John for creating those.
    Should I put one of the decals on my camper?

12. surgipat

surgipat New Member

Thanks for the offer, Papa. You would come all the way to Tuscaloosa for me??? Wow! [8D]

The sun actually came out for a little while after I posted this, and although it's drizzling a little out now, the swamp has dried up somewhat around the PUP, and I think we'll be okay pulling her out. We also raised the roof a few inches to check inside for leaks, and she seems to be holding tight. (We've had over 4" of rain since last night)

BTW, I made our Family Sign today. Hopefully will be dry by tomorrow. I'll give it one more coat of Poly in the morning, and it should be ready to toss in the PUP Thurs morning for the Rally. Yay me!

13. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Going to get the camper from our storage "barn" and we have our stuff piled up, ready to be at McKinney on Thursday. Just need to get our fresh food into the cooler and watch the clock.

Let's all hope for great weather -- rain is nice but not during our daytime fun, please! See everyone soon. [8D]

14. mwownbey

mwownbey New Member

Just got new tires on the TV this morning. Got everything but the perishable stuff packed and ready!!! Wish I was going on Thursday like some of you lucky folks, but I gotta work til lunch on Friday. Looks like the weather might cooperate!!!

Everyone have a safe trip over!!!! Down to counting the hours instead of days!!!!! [CP]

15. Jeanie

Jeanie New Member

Looking forward to it!

Add to the food I'm bringing: Unsweetened tea, a watermelon

16. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Got the handouts printed last night and bought the last of the fresh food to prepare. Camper is hitched and ready to head out Thursday! Drive safely everyone and see you this weekend!

(Jeanie, I know the unsweetened tea and watermelon will be much enjoyed, but it didn't make the handout list in case someone wants the recipe! Ben & Diane (our camping friends on site #120 just let me know today they are bringing brownies to the potluck.)

17. surgipat

surgipat New Member

Judy, do you have a weather update for the area for the weekend?

18. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

19. surgipat

surgipat New Member

Ohh, the weather is looking pretty good. Supposed to be cooler Sunday just like here in Tuscaloosa. See you all soon!

20. papachaz

papachaz New Member

Ok everyone! ONE DAY AWAY!!!!!

My intentions are to be there before lunch tomorrow. Looks like the weather is going to break a little bit, hopefully the rain will bypass us at the campground!

I will check with the hosts about setting up the tables outside the site. not sure they're going to let us, but I will ask to speak to the ranger if I need to. I might even invite the hosts to the potluck and see if that gains us any 'favor' LOL

if they won't allow us to set up the tables in between sites 127 - 128, then I'll have a welcome table set up at my site, 125. I'll have the shirts there.

Thanks to Ga Judy for all her hard work on the flyer/lists. They will be available at the welcome table as well.

Looking foward to meeting everyone I haven't met, and seeing all those from the previous rally again!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.