Georgia - Fall Rally! Lake Allatoona Sept 7 - 9, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by papachaz, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papachaz

papachaz New Member

Hate that y'all can't make it Debbie. Totally understand and hopefully next time! As close as y'all are come on for supper Saturday anyway. We have already been having some great fellowship amongst us and looking forward to meeting everyone else

2. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

I wake up early to get ready to head out and read that one is cancelling at the last minute? I am sorry to hear this Debbie. I understand! You and you family will be missed! From what I was seeing on the weather forcast is we will get a line of rain coming through about 2 Saturday afternoon. Things should dry up afterward.

3. BoomJammer

BoomJammer Jason

Why does life always get busy the week you're trying to get out of town early?

We have done essentially zero preparation for this trip. I did connect the shore power last night and turned the refrigerator on to start cooling. ...and I do know how to hitch up with the WDH now. So we have that much going for us. :)

With a mostly full day of work ahead of me, we'll probably be rolling in after dinner tonight. Hope to see some of you then!

4. mwownbey

mwownbey New Member

Hmm.. I may see if they will let me move to 135 or 137 when I arrive if they are still empty. Site 136 (athread) is my camping buddy and we wanted to be beside each other but that was not an option when we made reservations. I am in 118 kind of isolated so would love to move.

Will be there around 3:30 or 4 if all goes well. Found out last night that my DS will be coming with me!!! Glad to have him along. He is 20 and I don't get to spend enough time with him!!!

5. athread678

athread678 New Member

Pulled the camper to work this morning and we'll be leaving from here. Hopefully we'll see everyone around 6pm!! [:D]

6. Ladyhawke

Ladyhawke New Member

Over half way there! May be about 2 hours out.

7. Fire Captain Jim

We are here and set up! We have a greeting table set up above site #127. So come on over and join us!

8. missnanc

missnanc Give me the fresh outdoors!

Just about to hitch up...........................two hour drive, see ya'll soon!

9. BoomJammer

BoomJammer Jason

I'm leaving work. See y'all in a few hours!

10. mtnkube

mtnkube Member

What an awesome weekend and rally! Great new friends and good food. Cant wait to do some more camping with our new friends. Got to say that even though we had a rough time getting and being acknowledged by the portal it turned out awesome. I can tell this is going to be a yearly thing. Thanks to all those who made it happen. Well, gonna go sit by the fire and enjoy our last morning. Later all

11. missnanc

missnanc Give me the fresh outdoors!

Wow. What a fantastic weekend. Loving the time spent making new friends. Got plans to do this again. Oh, and DD had agreat time too. Hate to pack up and leave.

12. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Hope everyone had a great time! Hope to see pics soon! :)

13. Ladyhawke

Ladyhawke New Member

After taking 1 hour and 40 minutes to circumnavigate the I-75 mess, we are finally cruising our way home. Had a great time and would love to meet up with anyone again to do more camping!

14. surgipat

surgipat New Member

OMG, what a super time we had at the rally. Can't wait for the pics. We met so many wonderful PUPers. The rally was so well-organized. Looking forward to the next one.

15. Micksc

Micksc New Member

What a wonderful time! I can't recall a more memorable camping experience. You folks are the greatest.
    DW and I really enjoyed all the old and new faces, and the food was fabulous. (Tasted pretty good too [:)O])
    We've gotta do this again, Y'all, whatever the drill is count us in.
    Thanks, Judy, Charles, Jimmy and all the other facillitators, great job.

16. papachaz

papachaz New Member

All I can say is wow! What a great weekend. Made so many awesome new friends, ate so much good food! Sorry I didn't get around to say goodbye to everyone. Will be getting a photo album set up asap. Ok about time to build a fire.

17. sailingfree

sailingfree New Member

Great people, Delicious food, Amazing weekend!!!! Can't ask for more than that.

18. camp dad

camp dad New Member

Guys and Gals - My family and I had a AWESOME time!!! It is refreshing to see that people can still gather together and have a good time.
    I do have to say a special thanks to MickSC for letting us tromp through you site all weekend (of course we had permission [LOL]).
    Fire Captain Jim - thanks for the devotion this morning, truly touching for so many reasons.
    MntKube - hope site 129 wasn't to rowdy for your liking [LOL]!
    If at all possible we will definitely be part of the next one and the next one and next one.

19. Fire Captain Jim

Wow! What a wonderful weekend! You all have wore me out! My legs are killing me! No seriously, me and Ann was so glad to see old friends and make new friends! I am very appreciative to everyone who come to the Sunday devotional and who come by asking about the different mods and to those who bought the rv nite lites from me! We really had a blast this weekend with great food and fellowship! Once again, Thank you all for making it happen.

20. Mrs. Ski

Mrs. Ski New Member

I am so glad that my DH and I came up to the rally this weekend! We both had a great time meeting lots of new camping friends. We came telling our boys all about our weekend and they are in for the next rally! Thanks to Fire Captain Jim, Ann, Papa Chaz And Ga Judy for making us all feel so welcomed! The food was amazing and the entertainment was great! I have pictures that I will be posting soon and we can't wait until the next rally! We are in!!!

mtnkube, I can't stop talking about your amazing DO chicken pot pie and chocolate cake! AMAZING!

Til the next rally,

Sally and Mike. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.