Georgia - Fall Rally! Lake Allatoona Sept 7 - 9, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by papachaz, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire Captain Jim Angel

Fire Captain Jim Angel It sure is "PRETTY" here!!!

WOW! What a wonderful week-end , it was relaxing, fun, exciting, great food, great new and old friends. The food was awesome, the fun was outstanding, and the people were great, friendly and just what we all needed. Can't wait till the next time. [;)] [:D] OK JIMMY I LOVED IT YOU WERE RIGHT! PAPA CHAZ cover up ur ears I said it. Can't wait till the next time. [:D] ANN

2. athread678

athread678 Member

We has SUCH a great time!! You guys are all the best! I only wish we could have stayed longer. Fire Captain Jim we hated to miss the devotional this morning, I'm sure it was wonderful :)

We can't wait for the spring rally and to see our new friends again! Hope no one got caught in the I-75 traffic jam. We've decided that for the spring rally, we're taking some time off so we can spend more time with you guys [:D]

Until Spring!

3. BoomJammer

BoomJammer Jason

Fun, Fun, Fun! That's what our girls had to say about our weekend camping with y'all! Here's a partial list of the things they loved: playing with all the other kids, the scavenger hunt, swimming at the beach, playing on the rocks, sleeping in sleeping bags in the camper, hitting the pinata, playing with the army men (who knew little girls like playing with army men?!? [{:)]) and eating the candy from the pinata, playing with the glow sticks, riding bikes and scooters, seeing lots of nice doggies. Their list goes on and on! :) They played hard and loved it. Even a skinned knee couldn't slow them down for long. 2 of the 3 girls were asleep this afternoon before we got more than a mile down I-75.

Laura and I agree! It was fun and a blessing to meet and see so many great people! ...new friends and not-so-new friends alike! Let's do it again sometime!

And the food was fantastic too! [:)O] Who made the chili? That had some awesome kick and flavor!!!

Fire Captain Jim, thanks for leading the devotional this morning! Next time, I'll try to bone up on the few guitar chords I know and maybe we can have some accompaniment for our singing.

4. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

I am sorry for Ladyhawke bunch having to sit in the traffic on I-75 yesterday. From what I am hearing, police had to shoot a armed robbery suspect who drawn a gun on police. [:!] I hope everyone made it home safely! Looking forward for the next rally already! I'm with you athread, I will take more time off to enjoy the weekend! [LOL]

5. FW Arcadia

FW Arcadia Member

Ditto-Then Ditto-Then Ditto again and again.
    Had a great time meeting you all. Fun, games, meeting new folks and do I even need to say the FOOD were GREAT! Much fun was had by all.
    So sorry as well LadyHawke on the "situation" on I75, just read in the paper that it was a 2 hour stoppage while they investigated. With your drive, you certainly didn't need it. Had entertained going that way myself, Whew!!!!
    Sign us up for the next one, whenever or wherever it is.
    Thanks ALL for a great week end.

6. Ladyhawke

Ladyhawke New Member

Sad situation on I-75. We worked our way off and around the area so all went well. As I said before, we had a wonderful time and would love to meet up again. The organization of the event was superb (thanks GA Judy, Papachaz, and Fire Captain Jim!) and everyone's potluck dishes were absolutely delicious! Can't wait to hear more about a possible spring rally!

7. mariettamodern

mariettamodern New Member

We had an awesome weekend! It was so well organized. I especially want to thank Fire Captin Jim & Dan for organizing the scavenger hunt and all the prizes. You guys really put a lot of thought into making it so much fun for the kids.
    Noah took a 3 hour nap when we got home from the rally. That says it all! [:D]

Our next plans for camping if anyone is interested. We are going to be at Doll Mt. on Carter's Lake on Oct 5-6th. It's the last weekend the campsite will be open for the year.
    We are going apple picking, and selecting a pumpking, boiled peanuts and hayride at Burt's. [CP]

8. Joeman

Joeman New Member

Isn't camping great!!!!! [:D]
    Rachelle and I want to put out an invitation. We will be camping at Cheaha state park in Alabama October 18-21st. I think they still have about 28 more sites available. It would be great it some of our new friends could join us.

If anyone else has any camping plans in the future let us know.

9. surgipat

surgipat New Member

I'll mark that on my calendar, Joe, and if we get back from NY in time, we'll look for you all there, because this isn't far from us. Have you been to Cheaha before? We've never camped there, but we've visited several times and it's a beautiful place!

10. surgipat

surgipat New Member

I loved meeting everyone, too, and I'm glad you were my partner for my very first game of Cornhole EVER! Hope we meet again soon!

11. mwownbey

mwownbey New Member

WOW!!! What a great weekend!!! I enjoyed getting to put faces to all the names!!! Now remembering them will be a different story!!!! Papachaz--My DS was very impressed with your ability to call everyone by their names!!! That is an impressive talent you have!!! Hated to miss the devotional but had to help athread Sunday afternoon. I will definitely make plans to take more time off for the next rally!!!! My DS has already said he is in!!! I think for a 20 year old that is pretty impressive that he enjoyed himself enough that he is already talking about the next time!!!! The food was wonderful, but I expected no less!! I know some of you stayed until today and what a beautiful morning it was!! I will admit that I was very jealous on my way to work this morning of those of you that were sitting around a fire enjoying the cool weather!!!

Thanks to those of you that did all the planning and organizing!!! AWESOME JOB!!!!! Looking forward to Spring!!!!! [:D] [:D]

12. mariettamodern

mariettamodern New Member

Papa- how many of yall stayed over on Sunday night?

13. BrookesGigi

BrookesGigi New Member

Thanks for letting us join in. We enjoyed getting to meet y'all! Hopefully next time we can have more time to spend with everyone. I'll keep an eye out for details on the next one - we're definitely in! :)

14. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

First of all, thank you to all of the lovely folks who attended and supported the GA Fall Rally. Without you, there would have been no rally. Secondly, thank you for all the great participation in the games and potluck; to Fire Captain Jim for his time and inspiration with the Sunday devotional, Boom Jammer for leading us in a blessing and song, FW Arcadia in setting up the scavenger hunt and pinata smash, and PapaChaz for his wonderful ambassadorship and getting those neat tee-shirts ordered and distributed! I said somewhere on this topic that there's nothing better than Southern folks getting together to have fun and making great food. Everyone made this Rally spectacular! Thank you to all who donated those really nice door prizes, made sure the little ones were included and had prizes and treats! Those are the memories they will keep as they grow into older campers and continue the traditions parents have shown. We love you all.

We left for home today, Monday, around 1:30 - the last to leave McKinney - and it was so quiet and lonely without everyone there. Those who were staying over Sunday included PapaChaz, us (GA Judy and DH Al), and our friends Ben & Diane in their motor home and soon to join the Portal from what they said! They are ready for the next Rally and were happy to know it wasn't limited to only PUPS. Our guests, Ken & Kathy, longtime PUP campers who just went to the dark side will be back as well. As non-Portal folks, they were amazed at how much fun we all had, the great food, and the comaraderie. Both couples said they had no idea what they had been missing.

Watch for photos (hopefully as a featured topic here on the Portal) and the discussion and plans for forthcoming rallies with all the new friends who were made this weekend and for the continuing friendships that have developed.

P.S. If anyone found Gumby, there's a reward for his return! [:D] PM me. [;)]

15. Joeman

Joeman New Member

Fire Captain Jim, thanks for leading the devotional this morning! Next time, I'll try to bone up on the few guitar chords I know and maybe we can have some accompaniment for our singing.
    [/quote]

Guitar would be great!!!

16. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

Joeman, Thanks for the compliment! I bet it would sound great or even better than what we sang if you and Boomjammer had some strings there playing with us! I think we acquired some great ideas for the spring rally and it has been a gift to learn these from our fellow campers! Thank you all for your support and attendance at the rally!
    Judy, Someone left a note on my camper that they want a ransom of 50 cents for Gumby! Who knows, there might be more ransoms out there??????? [LOL]

17. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

The reward for the return of Gumby is definitely more than 50 cents. I'd be willing to go $2.00 - dead or alive. [:D

If Gumby is being held for ransom, better be careful. He's a tricky little green fellow who can disappear at will. Who knows what could happen.

18. papachaz

papachaz New Member

Hi Everyone! a few things:

I am so glad for all who attended the rally, and that everyone seems to have had such a great time! I know we did! It was great to hook up again with all those who were at the mini rally in June, and then to make some more great new friends!

@Judy - I am not naming names, but I heard rumors about gumby, you might be surprised to see where he may end up next [LOL] [LOL]

to everyone. I got home yesterday to find our internet down AGAIN! needless to say, the girl who answered the phone when I dialed the repair # can now safely be referred to as "that poor girl" [:O] [:O] I did talk with the actual tech today who fixed it, he did say that they found problems inside one of the 'boxes', they had to rewire and replace all the cards, and I do have to admit that I'm FINALLY getting speeds close to what I'm paying for, so maybe they finally have it fixed.

for all who ordered youth size shirts, she has them done, and received your addresses and orders today. If you don't get them within a week or so, let me know please! and again, I do apologize for the issues we had with them

I will be dropping Steve a pm about a photo album, hopefully I'll get a quicker response than I've gotten in the past.....if not, I'll be posting in this thread what to do with pictures so we can have them all in one place.

keep an eye out for our thread for a spring rally. Will be starting it in a few weeks!

19. Buttermilk

Buttermilk New Member

I guess no one took a camera with them, huh?

20. mtnkube

mtnkube Member

we are waiting on the photo album to be opened up to us. Yes, tons of pics
    :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.