Georgia - Fall Rally! Lake Allatoona Sept 7 - 9, 2012

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by papachaz, Jun 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. papachaz

papachaz New Member

Apparently he needs the pics cause he couldn't read my post about waiting for Steve to set up an album [LOL]

2. Buttermilk

Buttermilk New Member

Nope, I missed your post. I thought there might be some pictures posted in this thread somewhere. I kept coming back to look, but didn't see any.

3. Fire Captain Jim

Fire Captain Jim New Member

Hey Buttermilk, we missed your family this past weekend! It was an awesome weekend of family fun. But I understand. Keep your eyes on planning a rally in a few weeks, everyone wants to come back for a spring rally next year!

4. dolbur

dolbur micbur's Better Half

Hi there...Dolores here and have offically joined the portal. [LOL] [LOL]

Just wanted to say what a very awesome time we had last weekend and to please let us know when the spring rally gets started.

[CP]

5. papachaz

papachaz New Member

welcome aboard Dolbur!!!!! so all the talk about who does what on the portal while we were all introducing ourselves got to ya huh [LOL] [LOL]

6. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Dolores, it's about time! [LOL] Welcome and now we'll be looking for your posts! We enjoyed the weekend too and seeing you guys again.

7. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

Did you all see Fire Captain Jim's RV Night Lights at the Saturday potluck. He had donated 5 of them for door prizes, and since Al didn't win one, he found Jimmy and bought one. They are really neat, only $20, and keep your camper lit up all around at night using your outside camper lights. The device plugs into your 7-way hook up line and runs off the battery. When the battery starts to deplete its charge, the inverter in the RV Night Light then starts charging your battery. Our battery Thurs. afternoon was "dead," and the inverter took over on Sunday night and we had full power for our electric lift on Monday when leaving.

If you want one or more info, I'm sure Jimmy will be happy to fill you in. (I did not get paid for saying this either! It's just a neat device and I thought I'd give him a PLUG. [LOL])

8. missnanc

missnanc Give me the fresh outdoors!

Hey Dolbur, good to see you on the portal!

Judy, I wanted to say a few things about Jim's nightlights, but just didn't know how to explain it. Thanks for the explanation, now I understand what it does. I love ours, the lights outside are great, especially for late night trips to the facilities. I can see my camper in the dark!

We had a wonderful time and are so looking forward to the next rally! :)

9. mariettamodern

mariettamodern New Member

Fire Captin Jim -
    My old pop-up only has a 3 prong outlet. Any night light that will make the tail lights come on?
    "Keep-in it Retro"

10. camp dad

camp dad New Member

mariettamodern - I loved the southwest salad at the pot luck!!! I have been craving it ever since. I need the recipe or where to buy it [;)]!

11. jjkach

jjkach New Member

Welcome Delores. Look forward to seeing your posts too! :)

12. Jeanie

Jeanie New Member

What a wonderful time we had!

You know, someone was talking about another rally they went to, but there were no activities; just people meeting and then just supposedly sort of hanging out together.

We much preferred how it was at this one, because activities give you a structure to meet other people and have fun with them. And this was a great mixture of activities - and terrific activities for the children! - and time to relax (time for me to take naps) between them.

I don't know that we would have enjoyed a rally any other way, really. When you are going to meet a whole bunch of strangers, it is good to have something to do! And even once they become friends, it's still fun to have fun things to do!

Yet it was still very relaxing, and we loved meeting everyone.

So that was great, and so was all the food! Everything was just wonderful. Many thanks to PapaChaz, FireCaptainJim, and GAJudy for making it all possible, along with their other helpers.

I look forward to getting the place where we can post pictures, as I have pics of the kids to post.

13. Fire Captain Jim

Welcome to the portal Dolbur! Thanks for advertisement on the nite lites Judy! I still won't give Gumby up that easy. It will cost you more than that!...Judy, the reward for Gumby is going to have to go up more since the cheapest on ebay is around $10. [:O]

OMG! Gumby is for ransom and he's made it to eBay -- going to the highest bidder!!!?? How do I know you (Jimmy) have *my* Gumby. Can you give me any identifying marks or description so I would know it's him? I do have Pokey at home - he doesn't like camping - and he is just heartbroken, only running on 2 HP now. What am I to do? [:O]

14. Fire Captain Jim

Lets see, He's green rubber and flexable. About 6"tall. He says he has been wrapped around a pole while you camp. He says he is missing his friend named Pokey. What else do you want to know before the ramsom price goes to $12?

15. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

I want to hear his voice to make sure it's him......and tell me where he has that scar.

16. micbur

micbur Working on "Camp Burton"...Opening Soon!

JUDY!!!! Someone sent me this photo....maybe Gumby has struck out on his own! [LOL]

[​IMG]

17. dolbur

dolbur micbur's Better Half

I heard he got tired of just hanging around. Maybe it was gumby that made u set up in the wrong site it was his chance to escape....
    [}:)] [:D]

18. Fire Captain Jim

If I remember, The scare was on his back, sorry, no voice to send!!!!!

19. GA Judy

GA Judy Active Member

GUMBY!! [:O] [EEK] How could you just run off like that and get your own camper? I'm heartbroken [V] <sniff, sniff> and hope you will decide to return one day. I'll go tell Pokey you are doing okay. It looks like you're hiding out in Florida. Maybe you could drop by when we are at the Florida Fall Rally at O'Leno SP in October. You can keep your camper.....it's really nice.

[Guitar]"If you love me, let me go...."

20. Joeman

Joeman New Member

Has Papachaz lost his internet again? [?:~{]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.