1. ForestFam

ForestFam New Member

Went camping last weekend TH-Sun & got accused by the Host couple to the DNR guy(who happens to be my neighbor 2 doors down) that we lied about my visually impaired sis being w/ us. First of all, it's only a $5 discount for one night not available on weekends. (TH) We paid our $60 TH evening & then upon talking to family, they said my sis gets a discount if she's w/ us so I asked about it. Geez...... I guess the stork flew her in for us, right??!!! Insane! Since he's our neighbor & on the city counsel, I just let it go but I did speak my peace but he was not so nice about it & we have never had any issues(daily as neighbors). Maybe he's mad because 3 yrs. ago the city counsel (he & his wife were/are on) wanted us to take down or fence our little 3-4 ft. blow-up pool because of no cover on it when it was up for 2 days.. & there's wasn't either so I called & said when the city counsel members do the same, I will. We bought a new above ground pool w/ a fence around the perimeter. Or maybe because the neighbor between us moved & told us we could have the jacuzzi & the riding lawn mower to repair, keep or sell & he didn't get them but got all the rest of 3 push mowers, tons of stuff, etc. Went to their rummage sale a week before this camping deal & he had one mower for $80. Hubby said maybe because we got something he wanted... well, he can repair the mower lower cage & parts for $350. just like we are..... WOW..... over a measly $5.00! 1st camping out of driveway & got complaints on dogs we were babysitting for son barking all night so we brought them home, unlike the 2 dogs at the campground that barked 24/7 for 2 days & we never said a word... hm..... doubt I will support our local co. lake anymore..... :( Such a shame. Okay, I'm done venting..... LOL

2. campfreak

campfreak Active Member

I'm so sick of the "Me First" vindictive crap that people do. Some people just seem to enjoy it. We all just need to treat others how we would like to be treated.
    At least your "neighbor" is 2 doors down, and not next to you.

3. papachaz

papachaz New Member

two words 'ROOFING NAILS"

JUST KIDDING! i would never advocate someone else throwing roofing nails in the driveway of someone who obviously deserves it [:D] [;)] [LOL]

yeah, sounds like some vindictive/jealousy issues. and people don't like their hypocrisies pointed out like that, LOL good for you! i'd just do my best to avoid them, there are other places to camp. i do hope you pointed out to the DNR that you didn't ask for the discount....

4. bigdad

bigdad Active Member

I have been down that road too but it was at a campground thank god it was not my neighbor, at the Fed campground in Va i had took my camper up to the Big Meadows and set up so my mon and the kids could campout well as were unloading my truck the camphost came by and told me it i said i would when i got done so he goes and call's the ParkRanger well the Ranger came a GOOD looking WOMEN [:D] and i told her what happen that we were unloading the car no problem. well the camphost started to hares the kids they came back upset the host said there were riding there bikes the wrong way. so the next morning the host friend went to the maint shop and got a lawn mower at statred mowing grass at 7:30 am that was the straw that broke the camel back. so i went to the office and the Ranger was there ask for the paper work to fell out for a complant and the Ranger went over to the camper took the mower and told the camper he had to leave and she went to the Host and told them to park the cart for the rest of the weekend. and the Park Manger called me about 3 week later and i got to go back and stay for free for the weekend.