Getting level

Discussion in 'Camp Driveway' started by Upstate Matt, Apr 26, 2018.

1. gatorbait

gatorbait Upstate, SC

And take it from someone who made so many newbie SPUTs, keep your stepper door closed when you level. I keep my blocks and chocks right inside the door. One time I left the door down and moved back after chocking and it flipped up and wedged in between the tire and door, bending the door pretty bad. Sometimes I think these manufacturers should let a newbie QA their products they would make them a lot better lol.

2. SpecialGreen

SpecialGreen Member

Since we often pop-up at dusk, and the mosquitoes are out in force:
    - first, use the bathroom, wash up and brush teeth (this avoids going outside later)
    - one of us cranks the tongue while the other ratchets the BAL
    - then we trade-off cranking up the roof as quick as we can
    - then the person with less exposed skin pulls the front bunk out while the other is inside hanging the door (the outside person moves to the door and helps with velcro from the outside)
    - The outside person drops the stabs, pulls out the second bunk, braces the bunks and runs inside.
    - Whoever has better eyesight hunts mosquitoes while the other puts the Shepards' Crooks above the beds.

Everything else can wait for morning :)

Some factors:
    - you don't need the rear stabs down if the rear bunk is not slid-out yet.
    - you only need the front bunk slid-out to hang the door
    - if you popup but you don't hang the door for 60 seconds, you can have 12+ mosquitoes inside (last time, I killed 14 before bed, and 4 of those had already bitten us).

We just got a cordless drill that has successfully popped-up in Camp Driveway, so we should be able to speed the cranking up a fair bit; and maybe the BAL. Not going to bother using it with the tongue jack or stabs.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2019
    HappyTraveler likes this.
  3. MyName

MyName Active Member

I agree.

4. SteveP

SteveP Well-Known Member

I understand that!

5. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

Many of us find the Andersen leveler easier and cheaper than the BAL. But check out both and buy the one that makes more sense for you.

6. Artist60164

Artist60164 Member

- then the person with less exposed skin pulls the front bunk out while the other is inside hanging the door (the outside person moves to the door and helps with velcro from the outside)

Everything else can wait for morning :)

I really got a kick out of the first sentence here. I never thought it might be dark when I pull in.
    LOL I am envisioning bright sunlight a wooded well groomed site with elect, water and sewer and a welcome basket full of champagne, cheese, nuts, fruit. ??????? RIGHT?
    And then all the other CAMPERS come over and share all their food and booze with us around the campfire?